GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,306
1 members and 1,305 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a 3.8 for this term. I got an A from the crazy professor. I got A-s in my other two classes. How does this make sense?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My little is turning 21 soon! I want to make her a paddle, but I'm not sure if I want to make her a traditionally shaped paddle or a differently shaped plaque. Hmmmm
Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I gave all 3 of my dual credit classes the same article to analyze for their mid-term. Big mistake. I am so tired of it - and I'm only about 1/2 through the 60+ essays.

This is the article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...tical-ads.html
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
its been out for a month
Really? Wow, I'm behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
It was a flop.
Hopefully I've got enough free movie passes on my Emagine card. Any movie that's been out longer than two weeks, except for the Sony movies are free, if I enough points on it. Oh, it's also Tuesday so the popcorn is free on Tuesdays. Hopefully the entire movie night will be free.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I got a 3.8 for this term. I got an A from the crazy professor. I got A-s in my other two classes. How does this make sense?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Congrats! I hope you took the time to rip crazy prof a new one in your class evaluation. He sounds like a real piece of work.

What I feel like saying:

Dear "Friend":

You and I had a heated argument almost two weeks ago thanks to your drunken, belligerent ass not wanting to accept a ride home despite the fact you were in no condition to stand, let alone walk. I let you know that you said some things that really hurt my feelings, and you texted a half-assed apology. I accepted said apology, but then you said you wanted to talk to me about what happened. You said this last Monday, yet I haven't heard a word from you since then. WTF????? I'm not even angry about what you did any more, but MAN UP and talk to me about it if you said you wanted to do so. I didn't do anything wrong, so why are you giving me the silent treatment?

Last edited by indygphib; 03-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Mountains Burning. Homes a flame.

Really sad to see the fires light up the sky and the smoke coming down on the city. It is not as bad last night.
Last night it smelled like a campfire. The winds were horrid.

My heart bleeds for all those affected. So weird to see areas go up in flames where you knew people who lived on those very streets.

The community is AMAZING. They are turning away food. They have too much of it.

I think that there might be a GCer up there but she is fine.

900 homes are already evacuated.
6,500 home are on standby evacuation.
I am hearing that neighborhood backroads are flooded with trailers for large animals.
70 lamas at the county grounds.
I hope that more won't be evacuated. But with a fire like this, you never know. It could only be the beginning. I really hope that isn't.

I WILL BE REALLY SCARED IF THOSE 6,500 homes on standby get evacuated.

Last edited by BAckbOwlsgIrl; 03-27-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the fires on the news. Gave me a terrible flashback to this summer in Texas. I pray they get it under control quickly.

In the meantime - can't get this out of my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngf2zHq4FEI
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Gosh, I pray for everyone and their homes. Fires are so scary. It makes me almost glad it's raining outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypq View Post
sorry, I am so frustrated and I can't do anything about it... this is a nice safe place to vent and cry.
Vent all you want! I know squat about cheerleading but I can totally relate to watching someone blast your hard work to smithereens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
Yeah I first saw YOLO on tumblr, in this gif, which IMO is a far better use of it.
I could have posted the gif but you need sound to get the full effect of how much I heart this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfSk-6tIvo

CONGRATS DEE! Soooo proud of you! And the grade adds up. I'm taking the non-quality point route though b/c I don't feel like being that complicated: (4+3.7+3.7)/2= 3.8

*sigh* A 3.7 is okay but I'm still disappointed. It was that class I told you about in chat that tripped me up--I got a B- from my crazy professor. I got solid As in everything else! I still can't believe I put the most amount of time and effort into that class and it's the one that I did the absolute worst on out of the whole lot. No. effing. sense.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 03-27-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
No more straight As?! The doctoral world will never survive!
Stoooooop I already feel badly! Yes, I'm disappointed that I got all As except for one. I have a perfectionist problem of Hermione Granger proportion, irrational as it may be, but I own it and accept it. Leave me 'lone.

ETA: Crap, now I want to watch the Half-Blood Prince again! Good thing I have that one...movie night! Wann join?

Last edited by christiangirl; 03-27-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Stoooooop I already feel badly! Yes, I'm disappointed that I got all As except for one. I have a perfectionist problem of Hermione Granger proportion, irrational as it may be, but I own it and accept it. Leave me 'lone.

ETA: Crap, now I want to watch the Half-Blood Prince again! Good thing I have that one...movie night! Wann join?
But you're telling me my 3.8 is good? And that's only in a masters program too. LOL

It brought my overall GPA down a bit. I have a 3.913 cumulative now. It was 3.96 or something before.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomplemousse12 View Post
My little is turning 21 soon! I want to make her a paddle, but I'm not sure if I want to make her a traditionally shaped paddle or a differently shaped plaque. Hmmmm
Check this out: Under step 1 style, click "view product details" and look at the "mug" paddle
Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Banned

I just signed in and the screen showed no threads and said "sorry no matches". Scared the shit out of me. For a minute I thought I was banned again, because the sceen looked like it did when I signed on that day LOL.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But you're telling me my 3.8 is good? And that's only in a masters program too. LOL

It brought my overall GPA down a bit. I have a 3.913 cumulative now. It was 3.96 or something before.
Funny inn't? I think the blow was that I was so close to straight As that 4 out of 5 is frustrating. If I'd gotten 2 or 3 Bs, it wouldn't feel like I just missed out. Also, I measure my proficiency by grades. If I got a B- does that mean there's a whole world of stuff that I just didn't get? Will it hurt me practicing in the field that so much clearly went over my head? What if those exam questions missed were crucial concepts that I'm just a total dunce about and not understanding them ruins my chances of being successful??? #catastrophizing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Is it Discovery or TLC that has that "Strange Addiction" show? You should go on there.
Ya know, I had an addiction to honor societies for awhile. I collected the pins. :shrug:

I will give myself this: Not bad for a twice exceptional child. I went from academic probation to this. That was a long journey and underneath all the nitpicky panic, I know I worked hard for this.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Holy spam!