GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,306
1 members and 2,305 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2023, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Bama Morgan (on the daily with Morgan) was dropped from recruitment. Rumors are that Bella Grace was dropped too.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2023, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

NPC guidelines for recruitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Are they still doing door stacks? Per the NPC MOI, these are no longer permitted.

Yes, NPC's guidelines state chapters should "Eliminate extraneous and costly performances. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment skits and door stacks."

as well as "Eliminate the required purchasing of recruitment event attire for chapter members."
Old 08-20-2023, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

“The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules." Hector Barbossa and NPC
Old 08-20-2023, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Bama Morgan (on the daily with Morgan) was dropped from recruitment. Rumors are that Bella Grace was dropped too.
Bella Grace is still in it and was heading to Bid Day earlier. Morgan was dropped.

My rec girl is on a TikTok live now and said she got dropped yesterday. She was a pageant girl and everything. I'm really surprised.

Last edited by AGDee; 08-20-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Membership selection is private and sadly, girls do get dropped from the process at times, though before pref is somewhat unusual, though it happens.

I've naturally been lurking Rush Tik Tok for a while and the way people found out who her Rho Gamma was and are actively asking why she got dropped is rude, and I've even heard that people are harassing other PNMs who didn't get dropped. I get it, you want to see a PNM succeed during this process and find their home, but openly asking a Rho Gamma, who job is to deliver the news to the PNM ... I can't believe it.

Luckily, there have been Greek Alumni or those who have worked as chapter advisors/consultants who are trying to explain the situation to those who don't know about the process. PNMs were even told to not post outside of OOTD, and some are blaming a teen vogue article that came out (I'll link it here)

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/bama...more-relatable

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story

Last edited by Cookiez17; 08-20-2023 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Bama

The involvement of these grown women off of tic tok is bizarre.

I hope all the schools ban PNMs from social media until bid day.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
Membership selection is private and sadly, girls do get dropped from the process at times, though before pref is somewhat unusual, though it happens.

I've naturally been lurking Rush Tik Tok for a while and the way people found out who her Rho Gamma was and are actively asking why she got dropped is rude, and I've even heard that people are harassing other PNMs who didn't get dropped. I get it, you want to see PNM succeed during this process and find their home, but openly asking a Rho Gamma, who job is to deliver the news to the PNM ... I can't believe it.

Luckily, there have been Greek Alumni or those who have worked as chapter advisors/consultants who are trying to explain the situation to those who don't know about the process. PNMs were even told to not post outside of OOTD, and some are blaming a teen vogue article that came out (I'll link it here)

They are blaming that article, but the other young woman who contributed to that article still got a bid. I think we need to be honest. Morgan is not like the women who typically join sororities at Bama. She would have been a GREAT fit in the chapter I joined, but not at Bama. I did very much enjoy watching the OOTDs but at the same time, kept thinking to myself that nobody on my entire campus would have made it at Bama. The focus on designer everything, the amount of makeup worn, the jewelry, the hair, etc.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I read on that *other* site that Bella Grace may be sporting an arrow! In any case, I am glad she found a home!
Old 08-20-2023, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncegreek View Post
I read on that *other* site that Bella Grace may be sporting an arrow! In any case, I am glad she found a home!
Yup saw her opening up her bid! I did see a few Alpha Phis, a Chi O, and several Zetas!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 08-20-2023, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

A friend's daughter got ADPi!
Old 08-20-2023, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncegreek View Post
Yes, that angelic young woman went Pi Phi! How fitting!
Old 08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
PNMs were even told to not post outside of OOTD, and some are blaming a teen vogue article that came out (I'll link it here)

Here's another link to a different article on Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/news/sorority-...114616094.html

True and Constant
Old 08-21-2023, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

My rec girl found her home at Zeta Tau Alpha!