GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,370
0 members and 2,370 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2001, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Post It's been a long time...

...shouldn't have left you!!! Hey ya'll, it's me, I am just droppin in to say hello. I have missed GC dearly. I have a lot going on right now and I haven't had the time or the desire to get on the web. I am glad to see that everything is for the most part drama-free. I had a birthday last week, I turned the tender age of 21!!! Yay, me!!!

Question...has any of of you every been so stressed that your hair started falling out? I am going through that right now, and it's not pretty, any suggestions...(besides calming down and praying over my hair!)?

I do have some good news though, I decided to pursue a career as a nurse anesthetist, and when I applied to my nursing school of choice, they had like 1&1/2 year waiting list, but the 'list-keeper' lady said that I was so highly qualified, and that I had soo exceeded the requirements, I could just bypass the waiting list and enroll!!! That was a blessing, so I start nursing school next month! Anyway, shouts-out to all my GC buddies with a SPECIAL shout-out to my girl EXQUIZIT who at times sane words kept me from going POSTAL!! Miss Ya, talk to you soon, Diva!

------------------
'Cause I'm a woman,
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Woman
That's me

Maya Angelou
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2001, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Good luck girl, you gonna make that PAPER!

You might as well move on up to become a Practioner.

I don't have any suggestions regarding hair loss. Just get treatments from a professional.

Remember, you are 2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed!

Old 07-27-2001, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was in college, I lost a PATCH of my hair due to stress. Needless to say, I was hysterical. I was just going to cut all my hair off, but it was in the back, like the kitchen area. Keep taking care of your hair, like normal, and STOP STRESSING. I am hoping, that like me, you realize, something is not right if you are SO STRESSED that you are losing hair. Definite sign to tone it down. Nothing is that deep. Deep condition your hair or do hot oil treatments. Keep your ends trimmed. It'll grow back, just as healthy as it was before. Do you tie your hair up at night? If not, sleep on a satin pillow case. Keeps moisture in your hair, and there's less breakage. If you do tie your hair up, use a satin scarf. That's all I can think of right now. But girl, I have been there. Hope this helps!

Old 07-28-2001, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by onesavvydiva:
...shouldn't have left you!!! Hey ya'll, it's me, I am just droppin in to say hello. I have missed GC dearly. I have a lot going on right now and I haven't had the time or the desire to get on the web. I am glad to see that everything is for the most part drama-free. I had a birthday last week, I turned the tender age of 21!!! Yay, me!!!

Question...has any of of you every been so stressed that your hair started falling out? I am going through that right now, and it's not pretty, any suggestions...(besides calming down and praying over my hair!)?

I do have some good news though, I decided to pursue a career as a nurse anesthetist, and when I applied to my nursing school of choice, they had like 1&1/2 year waiting list, but the 'list-keeper' lady said that I was so highly qualified, and that I had soo exceeded the requirements, I could just bypass the waiting list and enroll!!! That was a blessing, so I start nursing school next month! Anyway, shouts-out to all my GC buddies with a SPECIAL shout-out to my girl EXQUIZIT who at times sane words kept me from going POSTAL!! Miss Ya, talk to you soon, Diva!

I miss everyone too!! I hate being MIA but I have no choice. Y'all are like my extended family--to not be able to "hear" from you disrupts my routine...Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well (SavvyDiva--Congrats on being accepted to Nursing School--I'll send out a Prayer for you that you overcome your stresses)...To everyone else...Keep On Keepin' On

------------------
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress"--Frederick Douglass
Old 06-19-2002, 01:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to OhSoPrettyNikki
Wink

After searching and searching I finally found a thread that I could use to re-introduce myself......gosh I've been away for so long. I have had several screen names in the past ....Prettyone NCD, PrettyNikki and then finally ohsoprettynikki... (I think that one describes me best )

Anyway I'm back! ;D
and of course better than before...... I missed you all ... really I did....I just could not find the time to get on line...... Has anyone seen Exquizit posting here lately? I miss ya gurl

Okay now I have got some catching up to do reading all these posts!!!!
Exquizit if your reading this holla@chagurl

e-mail me at ohsoprettynikki@aol.com