GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,471
0 members and 2,471 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2004, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SMU GRRL
Sophomore Rush?

I have a question.

I am a sophomore and am considering rushing... again.

I rushed in January and the sorority houses that I felt most at "home" I got cut the night before pref night. So, I cancelled my rush. The houses I had left were okay but I knew that if I didn't have my heart in something, I didn't want to commit to it forever! And I did not feel like these houses were the 'place' for me. I do not regret that I did not continue my rush. Because, I would have probably joined one that I was not like the other girls.. I even got a bid after I quit. And no, I declined. The house just wasn't for me.

I am not from the south, am not a legacy, and had only one rec for each of the sororities. My school is very competitive and I tried to prepare as much as I could but I guess I didn't enough. Obviously, I was very, very upset because I didn't think the girls knew me enough. Because, I think that if a few of the houses at least knew me more that I would have not gotten cut. I am pretty (not to be concieted), confident and fun!

My some of my girlfriends who rushed these houses I liked tell me all the time to rush (haha, for their sororities of course) but I don't know if they would have a lot of input. I know a handful (5-10) of the girls who pledged these sororities (including some of my friends) and wonder if that could make a difference.

The only issue is that I do not know if sophomores (especially those who have gone through rush before) are looked down upon. I am planning on contacting the sororities that some of my friends are in, that I want to be in and wanted to join this past January... to meet a woman (or two.. or three) to write me recs. What is your advice you can give me on this? We do not have informal rush for the houses I want to rush.

I totally missed out on the great parties that I had been going to all first semester when it was all pledge events. And no, I didn't do something terrible to wreck my reputation. I want to be able to have a ton of girls to lean back on, go out with, live with, and always have a great connection with (through the sorority!)- But, rush week was really stressful and I don't know if I can do it all over again only to be in this same situation again.

Darlings, help! This girl need some direction..

Last edited by SMU GRRL; 07-22-2004 at 07:42 PM.