GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,104
1 members and 1,103 guests
Sarak24034

Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Chances are he's on the same boat but had deferred to you because it's way easier. If not, hell, now's as good a time to find out.
I think you're right. I was getting so frustrated with the "so when are you getting married?" questions that I've been an ass about it - I need to correct that.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I think you're right. I was getting so frustrated with the "so when are you getting married?" questions that I've been an ass about it - I need to correct that.
I wish you would run off and get married but not tell anybody. Let people spin themselves in circles about you not being married then find out you have been for years and just didn't mention it.

I realized I practically NEVER mention Lyric anymore. I think the awesomeness of Bear eclipsed him in my posts, lol.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I wish you would run off and get married but not tell anybody. Let people spin themselves in circles about you not being married then find out you have been for years and just didn't mention it.

One of my chapter sisters did that. Her husband went off to war and they got married in the courthouse. About a year after she switched her facebook and told everyone. It was out of the blue.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
net-net" (God I hate that term but I can't come up with anything more precise right now)
You shall never live this down.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
You shall never live this down.
But wouldn't you say the bright-line takeaway was that it had synergy with my post? Lots of value added. No need to zoom to 30,000 feet. I just punched myself in the sack.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-31-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
^^^Or get off the pot. hehehe.

Mr. KDR is coming over tonight to celebrate my birthday a couple days early and watch the return of Ringer together. I'm pretty excited! (Is that stupid, considering we've been together more than a year now?)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
^^^Or get off the pot. hehehe.
Is that what that means? I get freaked out by Elmo-like creatures so that went totally over my head.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually it doesn't, I just really freaking love that .gif, and KSig RC's post about punching himself in the sack made me think of it.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been misled.

*shoots AlwaysSAI a dirty look*

Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I can't help but laugh at all this - we've done a lot of things already to protect us should one of us die or if we break up, so we already have the life insurance, etc, and an agreement about who gets what in the event of a breakup. I really think he just wants to buy a house first, and I think it might be better after.

My life insurance policy covers funeral arrangements, debts, and 1 year's rent. His is a little higher but he's a higher earner.

I don't know if he's ready to marry me, LOL - I've been too wimpy to ask him. All he wants to talk about lately is buying a house. Perhaps the next time he brings it up, probably tomorrow, I'll say "hey can we get married first?" and see how it goes.
Quote:

Yeah, well, if I remember correctly, Mr. Live In was wanting to get married a while ago and someone wasn't ready... you need to let him know you're ready. He has been incredibly patient Then figure out what you're going to do about a wedding.

I heard from geekboy today. He was being all chatty in texts and I had a migraine and was trying to get rid of it so I finally told him I needed a power nap and would talk to him later. His nickname for me these days is "cutestuff". I call him Dodger (his name is Rodger). He is in my phone as Dodger.

People have funny names in my phone. HockeyDad is in there as Ack (a derivation of his last name). geekboy aka Rodger is Dodger. EMU Prof isn't in my phone because I disabled my OKC account before getting his number out of there. Oops. If I get his number again, I'll put it in there as his real first name, cuz, well, I like him. Then, this guy I text with, but we are just friends is Landshark, cuz that was his OKC name. Someone ever goes through my phone contacts, they'd be laughing pretty hard.

Last edited by AGDee; 01-31-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

^^Drummer boy is in there as Voldemort because one of my friends didn't like him and called him He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I still laugh when I see it.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

So I've talked with Starfish a lot recently, mostly about us and the future. Neither one of us is going to compromise our careers/goals for each other, but with the words we exchanged, it's looking more like we'll be together in the future. Nothing is certain, but we do both care about each other a lot.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

So glad he's back. That 10 days felt like 100 days, to me. Off to work I go this morning...glowing.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Yeah, well, if I remember correctly, Mr. Live In was wanting to get married a while ago and someone wasn't ready... you need to let him know you're ready. He has been incredibly patient Then figure out what you're going to do about a wedding.

I heard from geekboy today. He was being all chatty in texts and I had a migraine and was trying to get rid of it so I finally told him I needed a power nap and would talk to him later. His nickname for me these days is "cutestuff". I call him Dodger (his name is Rodger). He is in my phone as Dodger.

People have funny names in my phone. HockeyDad is in there as Ack (a derivation of his last name). geekboy aka Rodger is Dodger. EMU Prof isn't in my phone because I disabled my OKC account before getting his number out of there. Oops. If I get his number again, I'll put it in there as his real first name, cuz, well, I like him. Then, this guy I text with, but we are just friends is Landshark, cuz that was his OKC name. Someone ever goes through my phone contacts, they'd be laughing pretty hard.

Do we have to start calling him Mr. Live-in if we get married? Do I start referring to him as my Live-in husband? I need to re-think this idea -that's a scary change.

Cutestuff? He needs to get creative.