GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,414
1 members and 2,413 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation A Tisket, A Tasket - PLEASE donate a Basket!

The most exciting fund raiser for the National Alumni Association's scholarship fund is the Basket Silent Auction. Last year, we broke the record with 32 baskets donated and over $1200 raised! This allowed us to continue offering two $500 scholarships. In addition, new for 2004 will be $150 CASH AWARDS ( ) for the chapters with the highest overall GPA and the most improved overall GPA!!!

Please, help us continue supporting our outstanding Sigma Alpha scholars by donating a basket to the auction. Just choose your favorite theme (hobbies, holidays, foods, special occasions, etc), collect a few items pertaining to that theme, put them in a cute container (a bag, bucket, bowl, or even a real basket), and let the bidding begin!

Even if you are not attending convention, we can help you arrange to ship your basket to Buffalo. Just email SDLPerkins @hotmail.com for shipping instructions. And don't forget, in many cases, these donations are tax deductions!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2004, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'll donate one on behalf of Beta Alpha....it'll be a "taste of Maryland" theme. May I drop it off at registration?

Shelley

PS: Ladies get ready for some great goodies! Some of the best fudge cookies in the WORLD
Old 10-03-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

MMMMMM Fudge cookies!!! I think I may be one of the bidders on that basket!

And, yep, if you're coming to convention, just bring your basket to the registration table and I'll collect it. I like for the people who are donating to fill out a bid sheet that says who donated the basket and a brief listing of what's included. Thanks for helping in our effort to raise scholarship money!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sending a basket to help a sister speed her own Sigma Alpha t-shirt quilt or collection into high gear. Contains National Convention t-shirts from 1992, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and some other little SA goodies.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Beth, your t-shirt basket was VERY popular! Thank you for donating it!

In fact, thanks to EVERYONE who participated in the basket auction as either a basket designer or bidder! Once again the event was a huge success. We had 44 baskets donated (smashing last year's record of 33) and the auction raised over $1200 (another record)! The amount of support given to the event is simply overwhelming!

THANK YOU ALL!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

That's great news!!! I am glad that the t-shirt basket was popular... it was tough for me to give those shirts up but what a fun way to do it.

Wow -- the basket auction continues to be a smashing success for the National Alumni Association. Great job, sisters!