GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,600
0 members and 2,600 guests
No Members online

Old 04-10-2001, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Latest Ebay Finds

Hi everyone:

Here is the latest ebay find as of 4/17/2001:

Yet another gold charm bracelet with a KKG badge which has been converted into a charm. NOTE: The seller DOES NOT know that they have a Kappa badge. PLEASE DO NOT ALERT THE SELLER THAT THIS CHARM IS ACTUALLY A KAPPA BADGE, OR HE/SHE WILL RELIST AND THE GREEK PIN COLLECTORS WILL ATTACK!!!! The badge reads "Mary Eileen Littrell 10-26-29".

(Ends Apr-17-01 20:41:56 PDT)
If the link does not work, the item is 578898448.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...ndexURL=0&rd=1

[This message has been edited by imsohappythatiama (edited April 17, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-11-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello imsohappythatiama....it's me who was searching for a name....you should know who I am! I will hopefully see you soon...
I will look out for this badge...I wanted one anyways....
See you later!

Quote:
Originally posted by imsohappythatiama:
Hi everyone:

Here is the latest ebay find as of 4/10/2001:

Gold, sapphire, and diamond badge
Delta Xi chapter. The reverse of the pin bears the initials "JBZ" and the date 2-14-76. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...ndexURL=0&rd=1

[This message has been edited by imsohappythatiama (edited April 10, 2001).]
Old 04-11-2001, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
imsohappythatiama-- this is such a great idea--posting the ebay finds for kkg here!
just thought i'd share!

Amy
Old 04-13-2001, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Who is Cheeryoohs????
Should I bid against them?
Let me know...I'll do whatever you say!
Old 04-13-2001, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

We don't know who "cheeryoohs" is . . . I sent him/her an email (as did others in our pin-rescuing-group), and none of us has received a reply.

So, until we hear from this "cheeryoohs," it's open bidding season (unless, of course, we hear she's a Kappa).

I'm not really sure why this pin is fetching such a high price . . . it's not an old pin--it's from the 1970s. We know who the original owner was, but can't get a hold of her--she hasn't kept her address updated with HQ.

One reason that this pin may be going so high is that it is sapphires and diamonds. You don't see those a lot.

What I can't seem to understand is: why do Kappa pins seem to go for so much more than other pins I watch, like AXO, XO, and DDD? I always see KKG, PiBetaPhi, Theta, and Alpha Phi pins going for a TON of money! On the fraternity side, I see Beta Theta Pi, FIJI, Sigma Chi, and Kappa Sig pins going for big bucks, and Pi K A, Theta Chi, Delta Chi, and others going for around $100 or so.

Can anyone make sense of this????
Old 04-14-2001, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I wasn't home all day so I missed the deadline! AHHH! I don't understand that either about the price of pins! I still want one...I taught my mom how to use e-bay so hopefully she might look for one...I'll have to keep her updated though. I still want one. Who is lion? Did that end up being a random person? I hope not. Well, keep us updated! Thanks Kristen! See you Tuesday!
Old 04-21-2001, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by imsohappythatiama:
We don't know who "cheeryoohs" is . . . I sent him/her an email (as did others in our pin-rescuing-group), and none of us has received a reply.

So, until we hear from this "cheeryoohs," it's open bidding season (unless, of course, we hear she's a Kappa).

I'm not really sure why this pin is fetching such a high price . . . it's not an old pin--it's from the 1970s. We know who the original owner was, but can't get a hold of her--she hasn't kept her address updated with HQ.

One reason that this pin may be going so high is that it is sapphires and diamonds. You don't see those a lot.

What I can't seem to understand is: why do Kappa pins seem to go for so much more than other pins I watch, like AXO, XO, and DDD? I always see KKG, PiBetaPhi, Theta, and Alpha Phi pins going for a TON of money! On the fraternity side, I see Beta Theta Pi, FIJI, Sigma Chi, and Kappa Sig pins going for big bucks, and Pi K A, Theta Chi, Delta Chi, and others going for around $100 or so.

Can anyone make sense of this????
These fraternity pins that go for such high prices are very significant. Consider the date the fraternities where founded( for instance im a kappa sig and we were founded in 1400) would this not make a big deal to you.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:22 PM
Unregistered-

Cool

Hello wonderful Kappas!

I normally do periodic sorority badge searches on eBay and I came across a beautiful badge of yours: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1143139941 Last I checked it was up to $100.

Okay, here's the thing--the highest bidder is an individual by the name of Kappanole. I've checked the auctions she's won and she's bid on some Kappa items. However, I've been following her for a while and she's also won auctions for ZTA and ADPi badges, not to mention paraphenalia. I know it's not wise to assume things--but I'm wondering why in the world she's bidding on other NPC badges and 'nalia???
Old 05-14-2001, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I guess the prices depend on materials...I know the AXO badge is traditionally gold-plated with pearls...does the Kappa pin normally have diamonds, or has a higher gold content? I've seen some plain (meaning, the one I got after Initiation) AXO pins going for over 300...
Old 05-24-2001, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine:
Hello wonderful Kappas!

I normally do periodic sorority badge searches on eBay and I came across a beautiful badge of yours: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1143139941 Last I checked it was up to $100.

Okay, here's the thing--the highest bidder is an individual by the name of Kappanole. I've checked the auctions she's won and she's bid on some Kappa items. However, I've been following her for a while and she's also won auctions for ZTA and ADPi badges, not to mention paraphenalia. I know it's not wise to assume things--but I'm wondering why in the world she's bidding on other NPC badges and 'nalia???
Hello wonderful Kappas!! FOr those of you who know me, you know I am DEEPLY committed to get KKG badges back to their owners, HQ or in the hands of our sisters. These teenyweenywahine person is now bashing me all over this board saying i am a collector and lumping me in with SKidmarks, insterno, etc. I have only ever bid on other organization pins as gifts to my friends in other sororities. I've only ever won a zta pin. So, I'm not sure why this person is chastising me, I've emailed her and am waiting to hear back. Just wanted to clear that up for you....

Rachel

Old 06-11-2001, 04:27 AM
GreekChat Member

hello all,
i thought you might like to know i have stumbled onto one of your pins while searching on ebay. i am sorry to see so many pins on here. i hope they land in kappas hands. good luck

smiles
Old 06-11-2001, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamAwhile:
Hello! Who is mrmrsirish@aol.com? If they are not a Kappa I would like to bid against them. Could someone let me know if this person is a Kappa or not? Thank you!
Hope everyone is having a happy summer!
Katie
Hey Katie--

Hope your summer is going well!
"mrmrsirish" is Julie, a KKG aluma who is part of our "pin rescuing" team. If you really want this pin, though, just email her and let her know....she might be happy to let you jump in.

Loyally,
Kristen

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Hello! Who is mrmrsirish@aol.com? If they are not a Kappa I would like to bid against them. Could someone let me know if this person is a Kappa or not? Thank you!
Hope everyone is having a happy summer!
Katie
Old 07-03-2001, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Alert to Kappas, there's a pin on ebay under "fraternity pins"; look for the phrase "sorority fraternity pin" under that heading. It's heavily jeweled.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation:
Alert to Kappas, there's a pin on ebay under "fraternity pins"; look for the phrase "sorority fraternity pin" under that heading. It's heavily jeweled.
Carnation, Thank you for your watchful ebay eye!

The item # for this badge is 1613083767, in case anyone is interested. As this badge is from the 1930s, (from either the alpha or the delta chapter) it is likely that the original owner is deceased, but we on the "Pin Rescue" force will look into it!

Panhellenically,
imsohappythatiama

[This message has been edited by imsohappythatiama (edited July 03, 2001).]