GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 316,181
Threads: 115,669
Welcome to our newest member, opkhindh
» Online Users: 334
4 members and 330 guests
amaxl, APhi2KD, PersistentDST, Titchou

Old 05-16-2006, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Sponsors

I'm currently in progress of organizing a Fall philanthropy to benefit a local homeless shelter. We already have an event and a date, and it has the potential of being a huge success. Without spilling the beans just yet as to what it is, we are looking for sponsors for the event. The sponsorship will cover things such as t-shirts and other costs incorporated into running the event. The event has the potential to receive a lot of local media coverage.
So how do we convince a company that they want to sponsor the event as opposed to just donating the money directly to the benefactor themselves? At the moment, we are looking for one company that is willing to offer a sponsorship to have complete sponsorship rights on the event. Sort of like the Capitol One Outback Bowl, or the Nokia Sugar Bowl.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

They want to sponsor the event because their support will help leverage more money for the organization. Sure they can write a check, but by helping sponsor your event, they will encourage hundreds (thousands?) of other people to give of their time and their resources.

In terms of finding a company, look for a regional or national company with a large presence in your community. (In my area, its a grocery store chain that comes to mind, but in yours, it may be something completely different.) Also, you might check with your school's development office to see if they might be willing to help you locate sponsors. Also, check to see if any of your area alumni work for a company that might help--having an "in" can help immensely.

Feel free to PM if you have any more questions.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I have organized many charity events and can say that more often than not, organizations are willing to be an active, visible part of event. It does not take too much begging and pleading - and if it does, move on, because you shouldn't have to resort to those measures to garner support for a worthy cause. Of course, the companies will (I assume) receive exposure as well, and that's always an incentive. You mentioned media exposure, which will translate into greater exposure for your event and sponsors.

We recently organized a gala to benefit a few local charities. When potential sponsors learned of the details (venue location, charitable causes, and our professional board) they were more than willing to be associated with us. I'm sure your event will be a smash! Best of luck.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
One thing that you should do is write a letter. In that letter explain what the event is for, what their contributions will be used for. What other events your organizations has done. Also include DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SPONSORSHIP if you give them something more with more money, they are more likely to donate more money.
Platinum: $101 & above
Company name and logo on the shirt
Name in the program book
Certificate of Appreciation
Gold $76-100
Company name on the shirt
Name in the program book
Silver: $51-75
Name in the program book

Bronze: $20-50