GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,423
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, acheldarko1907
» Online Users: 2,715
2 members and 2,713 guests
Joobee, Tridentia
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity_14 View Post
^^^we have to treat b*tchazzness on site....lol.
I was going to say not to skate over to mine because s/he wasn't selected for the other two on his/her campus...

Please let it be an HBCU! Please!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
Well thank you for your honest opinion. I already knew if I wanted to undergo MIP for the others I would have to go elsewhere
I think you need to honestly ask yourself why do you want to join a sorority? If it is because of the "collegiate" experience you have seen--stepping, strolling, parties, etc. that is not a good reason considering that should be only three-four years at the most.

If you are really looking for a lifetime sisterhood than you have plenty of time to research, get to know members, participate in activities, etc. We aren't going anywhere, so you can wait and pursue alumnae after you have found what is in your heart.

And to answer you original question, the most influential people in my life happened to have been Deltas, including my mother. And although when I first went to college I was also impressed with another group, I just knew in my heart that Delta was for me.

Are you a first generation college attendee?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
yes I am.
before coming to college I DID NOT want to be in a sorority because of movies like stomp the yard and because of all the stereotypes and bad things I heard. Since being here, I have decided that I want to be in a sorority because they are exactly the opposite (at least at my campus) of most of the stereotypes.
I was only looking for answers as you stated. You thought you were interested in another org., but you found something better for you in the one you chose.
1) Entertainment avenues NEVER provide accurate information. They never can and never will. These organizations are like learn as you go. Like on the job training.

2) Then you get to college and you magically discover that they are opposite to what you thought. That hurts.

3) Then IMO, you are missing Ladygreek's point for choosing her sorority--she chose it because it was in her heart. That is the keyword here. She may have glanced at others for a split second, infinitesimal moment. But thrashing about to say, "Is XYZ sorority really for me"--what more do we need to sell you on with our merits?

Honey, it is either there or its not... Either you feel something or you don't...

Most of us all agree on that...

We will all agree that being part of organization takes lots of work, patience and management, but we had it in our very hearts to pursue our respective sororities.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I never said it was your issue. I asked for your story and you FINALLY gave it. I never asked anyone to care about me, my situation, or my journey. My question? How did YOU choose? That was my ownly question from the start and everything else that was said by everyone else was away from what I was asking. Thank you for you responses though, even though it always seems like you have to end with some form of hostility, a put down, or venturing to look down on me.
You need to phrase your question differently because the pronoun "you" capitalized is being interpreted differently from your implied intent.

And we also said your question that you are seeking has been said before, ad nauseum, and we are tired of it.

Your feelings are hurt because we know you have failed to do your research and are obsequious when we say to search again.

Others can view that I did not have a choice... But, everyone has a choice in these matters. I chose to be with my family and heritage.

And well, you choose how to want to respond and how to feel. And if you feel demeaned, because there are directed questions toward you, I can tell you not to pursue a doctorate in any field, because you will be made to feel a lot worse...

Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You seem to be such a negative person. I haven't heard one positive statement from you since the first post. You are set in your beliefs and will not take time to see anyone else's point of view. I give up.
Well honey, you seem such a lazy person that has caused the cynic in me to give up on the future of our youth, since you started this dumbassed thread. You seem so set in your mantra and you are unwilling to hear the truth of the matter. And if you ever are extended an invitation to any NPHC sorority, I hope you do not join, because you would be late to the first initial meeting.

Now, how does that help you get off your duff and do what you need to do?

Is this how you pursue a career?

ETA: is this how you you show humility? You want what we've got! How humble is that?

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-24-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Anyway,

Like I said, I FELT differently about the situation.
YOU in no way have an affect over me
I will find the sorority that fits me and after speaking with you, I do not plan on having a bias against AKA because of how YOU feel about me.
And believe me HONEY I will make it a lot farther, have more dedication, and plan to do a lot more for the sorority I CHOSE to join then you could ever imagine. YOU know nothing about me and therefore do not have an opinion about me that actually matters. As I stated before, I do have more to learn. I admit that. YOU can't admit that you are stubborn and closed-minded to the point that you do not even acknowledge the thoughts or opinios of others. It also seems that you look down on me, but I am to the point that I don't care how you think about me because as it stands right now, you will never matter in my life.
To me, your opinions about MY letters I have worn for over 18 years means very little to me. You want what I have had for a long time--membership into a sorority.

You still have to pass the paper screen. And you are either approved or not. Try to ensure that for yourself. Everyone's process varies.

Now, we can request for your IP address, then add 2 + 2 together to find where you are. Then our networks of chapter communication is satellite linked.

But, hey, I don't have to worry about you. Your arrogance will cause you to stumble. The audacity for you project your hurt and anger onto me to the point you feel inadequate and insecure. That is unfortunate for you. And I am not stating merely my opinions about membership... I am stating facts--especially those that relate to Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

And really, you should want to know more about me and what I do beyond the letters that I wear. The magnitude of all GCers in the NPHC is amazing. We are more than our pre-emptive plans we have thought before gaining entrance in the most transformative event in our lives.

But, you will be lucky if I decided to say anything remarkable to you anymore with a nasty attitude you are displaying now...

ETA: I am rarely wrong. And if I find that I am, I will apologize. But usually, because I am alot older than you, and it has something to do with joining my Sorority, I am rarely wrong. And it is not my opinion. It is a fact.

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-24-2008 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you for you responses though, even though it always seems like you have to end with some form of hostility, a put down, or venturing to look down on me.
A simple "thank you AKA Monet" would have been more than enough! She REALLY has extended herself for you in this thread and yet you're accusing her in the same sentence you're thanking her!?

I wish you would stop posting. I feel embarrased for you. You don't LISTEN or in this case, you don't READ. You have an answer for everything and I don't mean that in a good way. If you are always this way, my guess is that no NPHC org will ever invite you to join. My advice to you: Save any bit of dignity you may have left (and pray to God that noone has figured out who you are yet) and simply step away from the keyboard. Just don't post anymore. Don't reply. Just don't. No matter what. Don't do it. Start fresh. Leave this in your past. LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE and don't make the same mistake twice! If you don't know what "mistake" I'm referring to, then you haven't learned what you need to learn from this experience! Go back and read this thread from the beginning. Allow it to teach you. LatinaAlumna's posts did indeed answer your question early on. Regardless of what organization you are trying to learn about, her answers/posts can be applied to any organization. You're not seeing it, but it's all there in her posts.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetiful View Post
A simple "thank you AKA Monet" would have been more than enough! She REALLY has extended herself for you in this thread and yet you're accusing her in the same sentence you're thanking her!?

I wish you would stop posting. I feel embarrased for you. You don't LISTEN or in this case, you don't READ. You have an answer for everything and I don't mean that in a good way. If you are always this way, my guess is that no NPHC org will ever invite you to join. My advice to you: Save any bit of dignity you may have left (and pray to God that noone has figured out who you are yet) and simply step away from the keyboard. Just don't post anymore. Don't reply. Just don't. No matter what. Don't do it. Start fresh. Leave this in your past. LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE and don't make the same mistake twice! If you don't know what "mistake" I'm referring to, then you haven't learned what you need to learn from this experience! Go back and read this thread from the beginning. Allow it to teach you. LatinaAlumna's posts did indeed answer your question early on. Regardless of what organization you are trying to learn about, her answers/posts can be applied to any organization. You're not seeing it, but it's all there in her posts.
S/he said she doesn't need to know anything more about Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc... LOL...

Old 03-24-2008, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
YOU can't admit that you are stubborn and closed-minded to the point that you do not even acknowledge the thoughts or opinions of others. It also seems that you look down on me, but I am to the point that I don't care how you think about me because as it stands right now, you will never matter in my life.

Oh, and insulting a member of an organization one is craving to join, is NEVER a good thing. It's about respect and you haven't displayed one bit of it on this thread. That's only ONE of the lessons you can learn from this experience
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
S/he said she doesn't need to know anything more about Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc... LOL...
She only said that because after all this she realized that Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. is the one and only sorority for her! LOL
Old 03-24-2008, 03:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetiful View Post
She only said that because after all this she realized that Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. is the one and only sorority for her! LOL
Oh, we'll see him/her bandwagoning in DC in July... Sad part is s/he will probably be with the MIAKAs since s/he chooses to believe the hype...

What is unfortunate is that s/he might not have the GPA or course units to even join no NPHC organization. So why think about what s/he will do regardless of what I say when s/he cannot pass the paper screen?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
What is unfortunate is that s/he might not have the GPA or course units to even join no NPHC organization. So why think about what s/he will do regardless of what I say when s/he cannot pass the paper screen?
You're such a negative person! Do you ever have anything positive to say?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You thought you were interested in another org., but you found something better for you in the one you chose.
You misunderstood me, or I wasn't clear. I went to college with Delta in my heart. That was tested by another org., but Delta won out BECAUSE it was truly in my heart.

That is the key to choosing an org to pursue.

ETA: I should have read ahead sistergreek Monet, you hit my point on the nail.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 03-24-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

With this being said, I would suggest that you stop now while the "getting is good," as my pawpaw would say.

In this realm the words that you speak, echoes volumes. These sisters have been through this for quite some time, as well as intercepting questions such as this and attempting to guide those of less comprehension to the right path.

Argue not with them, read what has been posted as well as the info that has been posted from those before you, pray on it and move on sis.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

This was for the young lady that started this thread with ......... What kind of name is that anyway?
Closed Thread