GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,012
2 members and 1,010 guests
Sarak24034, Sen's Revenge

Old 05-04-2020, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

We need some new stories!

hey all - I am a longtime lurker and have recently discovered the recruitment stories thread. I think I've read them all now! I've found them comforting and fun to read in these difficult times - they take me right back to Ohio State in the late 80s and my wonderful Kappa sisterhood.

I'd write my own rush story but I have a terrible memory and I had a pretty easy and drama-free rush. My story would just consist of, liked them all, thought they were nice, surprised by the clapping, shocked that one didn't invite me back, etc etc. Nothing that would be worthy to follow in the footsteps of Chuck Norris and co!

Please - anyone want to share more stories? I am especially fascinated by rush as it was in the 60s and 70s - the no-holds-barred, all-the-frills kind. And of course my favorites are the "honest" ones!!! I can't be the only one wanting more of these great memories.

Thanks all!
Old 05-04-2020, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllyPolly87 View Post
I'd write my own rush story but I have a terrible memory and I had a pretty easy and drama-free rush. My story would just consist of, liked them all, thought they were nice, surprised by the clapping, shocked that one didn't invite me back, etc etc. Nothing that would be worthy to follow in the footsteps of Chuck Norris and co!
Yeah, I never bothered with a retro rush story, because I really don't remember most of it, and I was cut a lot. I had one chapter left for pref, and that's where I joined. Not much suspense! Then my chapter closed at the end of the year I joined, so it's not really a good example of a "don't worry if you end up in the smallest chapter" experience.

But I love reading other peoples' stories, whether retro or recent. And I do like hearing about people who ended up in the smallest chapter, but it did work out, like they became Recruitment Chair the next semester, did tons of COB and totally turned the chapter around.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I could try to dig up the memories and cobble on together for my experience back in '89 (all the frills!!!) but my name gives away my school and house...so not really any suspense there!
Old 05-04-2020, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is my story I posted eons ago.
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=139115

DaffyKD
Old 05-04-2020, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm working on mine right now!
Old 05-04-2020, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is mine that I wrote back in the fall. It's fine if it isn't super detailed, it's more a way to show the process firsthand.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=246565

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 05-05-2020, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllyPolly87 View Post

Holy cow, SAME!
The biggest stand out was standing in a fire ant mound while waiting on the grass before my very first party and desperately trying to squish them inside my pantyhose! (Yes, back in the pantyhose days)
Old 05-18-2020, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

TX State story

I liked this vlog - (but y'all - don't SIP!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaoCeQp8hD8
Old 05-18-2020, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m always here if anyone wants to post a story

My story is, basically I went to two open parties and I decided to join!
Old 05-19-2020, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
I’m always here if anyone wants to post a story

My story is, basically I went to two open parties and I decided to join!
Likewise. Early 70s. Small private school. NPC women were assigned as pen pals to incoming freshman women over the summer. It was a "welcome to school" and not a targeted rush - I didn't even realize my pen pal was greek until we got to school.

We didn't have to attend all chapters' parties. Perhaps I was invited to others' but I don't remember. Went to a few DG parties and accepted my bid. It was the right move for me; I would not have fit in the other chapters. Of course, our entire greek system at the time was about 120 women among 5 chapters so each had a distinct personality.

My pen pal? Became my grand-big (though we never used that term), lives about 90 minutes away from me, and we get together a couple of times a year.