GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,359
2 members and 1,357 guests
Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 04-07-2004, 05:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphiangel624
Not all undercover police cars are Crown Victorias, but typically, the ones that are used in traffic incidents are.

Many departments use other mainstream "family-like" cars as undercover cars. Ford Taurus', Mercury Sables, and 80s Pontiac Celebrities are often used in southern California. But most of the time, you will never know these are police vehicles- they are usually used by investigators for non-urgent reasons. But don't think they can't pull you over and ticket you.

Just an FYI.
I've never seen any of those. In speaking with people from different law enforcement agencies, most, if not all, undercover vehicles down here are as I described.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
Many unmarked cars here are colored Chevy Impalas (dark green, blue, etc). VA State Police have some pretty nice Camaros, but I think there are only like 4 in the entire state. Military Police around here have started driving marked white Impalas. There are still the old Crown Vics and whatnot, too.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 04-08-2004, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
some of the dallas areas now have new dark blue and black Impalas that have NO markings at all except small lights in the front grill. We also have a few camaros. For those of you who don't live in Texas, we have TABC-Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commision, which monitors alcohol sales/service in dry areas, who also have barely marked black Crown Victorias-I have been followed home by one before after purchesing beer from a convienence store-they asked to see my I.D,then left. Freaked me out.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOPIHottie
For those of you who don't live in Texas, we have TABC-Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commision, which monitors alcohol sales/service in dry areas, who also have barely marked black Crown Victorias-I have been followed home by one before after purchesing beer from a convienence store-they asked to see my I.D,then left. Freaked me out.
Don'cha love how totally F'ed up DFW Metroplex liquor laws are? Ya practically need a MAPSCO (the local publisher of street atlases) to figger out where to buy booze in this town! I've been living off and on in the DFW area for over 10 years and I think I've finally gotten the hang of where the wet, 'moist' (beer and wine only retail sales, hard stuff in restaurants only) and dry areas are!

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 04-08-2004, 08:32 PM

I've always been told that if you think you're being pulled over and there's anything suspicious about it (such as it being an unmarked car) you should call 911 and ask if you are being pulled over. If they say yes, you go to a well-lighted, well-populated area and stop. If they say no, you don't stop, and they should dispatch the real police.

A relative of mine was nearly a victim in a not-too-dissimilar situation. A guy had gotten hold of a police uniform and would offer young ladies a lift home, then he'd take off with them and rape them. My relative escaped only because she noticed he was wearing argyle socks, which are not part of the uniform, and jumped out of his moving car.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

In SC, I've seen Camaro's, Durango's, and I've even seen a BMW (what was that about?) as undercover or HP vehicles. Some of them were marked, but when you are on the highway and they are behind you, you can't tell.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Random Replies....

Arkansas was famous for an "unmarked police rapist" a few years ago. Scary stuff...he apparently would seek out the country roads with nothing around for miles and miles.

I know we can dial 911 from our cell phones...I think we can also dial a different number to get Highway police (on the interstates).

Our police have different types of unmarked cars...Camaros, Impalas, etc. They also have started marking the car on only the right side so that they can sit on the side of the road, tag people for speeding, but you think it's just a regular car until they show you the right side of the vehicle.

The police also mark and use a lot of cars they confiscate during crimes and drug deals. I've seen a State Police Ferrari running around here...looks interesting.

PsychTau
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
Don'cha love how totally F'ed up DFW Metroplex liquor laws are? Ya practically need a MAPSCO (the local publisher of street atlases) to figger out where to buy booze in this town! I've been living off and on in the DFW area for over 10 years and I think I've finally gotten the hang of where the wet, 'moist' (beer and wine only retail sales, hard stuff in restaurants only) and dry areas are!

Yeah, you basically have to carry a zillion forms of i.d. with you, and drive to the middle of no where to get booze!! and they all close at different times. Such a pain. Someones post earlier reminded me I have seen a Dallas P.D. viper once cruising down the highway. That was bizzare. Black with blue markings. Odd.