GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,622
1 members and 1,621 guests
MSKKG

Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

SKflat is probably long gone, but I'd love to know what happened.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
I don't even pretend to understand many of the characteristics/aspects of sorority life in the USA. But I simply can't comprehend one of the statements in your post: a member of your chapter has to have a certain number of "points" before being eligible to attend the chapter's formal??? Is this for real?rude If one is an active member of a chapter, how can she (or he, if it were a fraternity) be precluded from attending the chapter's formal, or any other chapter event?

Is this "points" requirement unique to this particular chapter or sorority, or is it actually commonplace or at least not unheard of at other chapters/schools? It seems like sheer nonsense to me.-rude

I would think that if a chapter did have a "point" system, which strikes me as totally ridiculous-rude, attending formal would be one way to accumulate those points. Why, then, would the chapter tell a member that she could not attend because she was deficient in points? It seems contradictory and self-defeating.

Why anyone would even want to attend her chapter's formal if she were being told she did not have enough "points" to attend is an entirely different question, and equally perplexing to me.
"You......have chosen to act as a snarky asshat."