GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,614
1 members and 1,613 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
SensativAF

Post Creating a colony at Harvard?

Hello all. I have a 1 year old and I would love for his to follow in his mothers footsteps and go to Harvard. I contacted Alpha Phi Omega and I hope my son when he is much older! lol, to create a "colony" at Harvard. Any thoughts.

Thank you and kind regards.

Last edited by SensativAF; 09-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

So, is anybody else totally confused by the above post?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensativAF View Post
Hello all. I have a 1 year old and I would love for his to follow in his mothers footsteps and go to Harvard. I contacted Alpha Phi Omega and I hope my son when he is much older! lol, to create a "colony" at Harvard. Any thoughts.

First of all your child is ONE YEAR OLD. For the Love of God, you are jumping WAY ahead. What if he isn't accepted into Harvard, or maybe doesn't want to go? Even thinking about this makes my head hurt.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:32 PM
SensativAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
So, is anybody else totally confused by the above post?
Why feel that way? As a Gamma Sig its my duty to create considering my undergrads "appearance" when I was in attendance. Its important that the National Pan-Hallenic council is broken. Why not have my son have a healthy and fulfilling upbringing? Im apart of almunae chapter that is brand new.

Last edited by SensativAF; 09-26-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why feel that way? As a Gamma Sig its my duty to create considering my undergrads "appearance" when I was in attendance. Its important that the National Pan-Hallenic council is broken. Why not have my son have a healthy and fulfilling upbringing? Im apart of almunae chapter that is brand new. sorry about the typos?

I am armed and ready for craziness!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Quote:
Why feel that way? As a Gamma Sig its my duty to create considering my undergrads "appearance" when I was in attendance. Its important that the National Pan-Hallenic council is broken. Why not have my son have a healthy and fulfilling upbringing? Im apart of almunae chapter that is brand new. sorry about the typos?

Why is it important that the NPHC is broken?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
SensativAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post

Why is it important that the NPHC is broken?
Hi WhiteRose 1912. Its important for the National Pan-Hallenic council to be followed by TBS GSS/APO etc.. because there are acts of violence still happing in our community that is still unacceptable for anyone; regardless of the sorority of your choice. Id rather not be cut in my face by "Kings County" thank you.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:59 PM

This OP went to Harvard? The OP that is apart of her almunae chapter?

What needs to be broken is your assault on the English language.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM
SensativAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
This OP went to Harvard? The OP that is apart of her almunae chapter?

What needs to be broken is your assault on the English language.
No typos there "sir"...
Old 09-26-2013, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

In 18 years, when your son matriculates at Harvard, talk to him about this idea and suggest that he contract their HQ to form a colony. That's all you need to know/do. If he is interested, he will follow up. Or maybe another student there will have had this idea and formed a chapter in the several years to come. In the meantime, enjoy being a mom of a toddler.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
In 18 years, when your son matriculates at Harvard, talk to him about this idea and suggest that he contract their HQ to form a colony. That's all you need to know/do. If he is interested, he will follow up. Or maybe another student there will have had this idea and formed a chapter in the several years to come. In the meantime, enjoy being a mom of a toddler.
^^^This is the best, most realistic advice you are going to get on this thread. Take it. We are very confused because you do not seem to have a solid grasp of the English language despite apparently attending a four-year university and because you are already planning for your one-year-old to go to Harvard despite the fact that right now he can't even eat without your help, let alone go to one of the most prestigious schools in the country. You are WAY too far ahead of yourself here.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hi WhiteRose 1912. Its important for the National Pan-Hallenic council to be followed by TBS GSS/APO etc.. because there are acts of violence still happing in our community that is still unacceptable for anyone; regardless of the sorority of your choice. Id rather not be cut in my face by "Kings County" thank you.
Interesting.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Am I the only one who felt like their head exploded reading this? TBS, NPHC, acts of violence, one year olds?

I'd like to sing "one of these things is not like the other" ... but "none of these things is like any of the others"

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi Omega brother here...

I'm an alumnus of Alpha Phi Omega (initiated in 1986) and I've had several friends among the alumni volunteers in Boston including one who was a graduate student at Harvard. As of the last time I talked to them about this (a couple of years ago), Harvard's student activity rules were written in a way where Alpha Phi Omega (although co-ed) could not be recognized as a student organization.

Unlike some members of the NIC, NPC and (all of?) the NPHC, Alpha Phi Omega does allow active chapters to exist without the recognition of the fraternity as a student organization on that campus. It also does not allow for active membership by students at one school at a chapter chartered to another school. There has been a recent change which would allow an undergraduate student at Harvard to be an Honorary brother of a chapter, but that would need approval by a national board member.

It is entirely possible that in the next 16 years that the student activity rules at Harvard may change so that Alpha Phi Omega would be able to charter a chapter at Harvard. With more than 6,000 undergraduates, local active chapters and local staff, I believe that after a change to the rules it would be an immediate extension target.

However, until those rules change, no action of any type is going to be taken in regards to that school.

Last edited by naraht; 09-26-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: finish thought.