GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,212
1 members and 2,211 guests
Titchou

Old 12-20-2001, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LauraKD
A foam party?

Has anyone ever heard of a foam party or something like that? All I know is that there is tons of foam. I've heard about them, but I don't really know what it is.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-20-2001, 10:45 PM
Unregistered-

Talking

The E! Channel introduced me to foam parties when they did their Wild on Ibiza spot.

World Cafe in Honolulu has since had two foam parties within the past 6 months and I must say that they're pretty fun. The ones I've been to have had soap suds coming from machines on the ceiling.

It'd be nice to throw a party like this...but I doubt the Risk Management forms would pass...
Old 12-20-2001, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

A foam party is a bar party or exchange where the entire room is filled with soap suds (foam). Then, everyone just plays and dances in the suds all night. So, basically its just a floor covered knee to waist deep with foam. They are actually really fun until you wake up the next morning sticky and gross from the soap.

hope that helps
Old 12-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Exclamation Re: A foam party?

Quote:
Originally posted by LauraKD
Has anyone ever heard of a foam party or something like that? All I know is that there is tons of foam. I've heard about them, but I don't really know what it is.
You might have your best luck asking a "gay friendly" establishment how they host Foam Parties. I have seen it on that show "Queer As Folk" and also, I have heard of gay bars having foam parties. They might know where you get the special machine to make the foam.

Or call a rental place and ask if they have a foam machine.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DGpledge
The brothers of Kappa Alpha hosted one at their house a few weeks ago. It was soooo much FUN!! My first foam party at that, just dancing all soaked up in a room full of people was great. Everyone wearing as little as possible The 1/2 naked baseball guys were also a hit
Old 12-21-2001, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

SAE generally throws the foam parties at my school. However, I abslutely refuse to go in the foam, because someone always ends up having sex in the foam undetected. The thought grosses me out!
Old 12-21-2001, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

They are fun, but get out after a few minutes because it gets really gross. Due to the semi-naked fun, people end up doing some freaky stuff that demands (in my opinion) a more private setting. Sorry to say this, but I've also seen people throw up in the foam. Have fun, but get out after a few minutes.
Ladies, don't wear flip flops, it gets slippery and you will lose them in the foam.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a foam party for our senior party. It was a blast!!! I have to second that flip-flops comment. They stick to the floor. Also don't serve beer in bottles or glass containers. The foam will hide any broken glass-ouch. We didn't have any sex in the foam as far as I know. It was six months ago, so I think we would have heard about it by now. The foam turns off and on so it doesn't get too high. I'm pretty short so I nearly drowned in it.

Another piece of advice-take a shower before you go to bed-no matter how tired or drunk you are. You'll thank me!!!
Old 12-21-2001, 09:15 PM

Lightbulb

Sigma Nu had an alternative to foam party. For thier winter ski party. They'd fill a room in the house w/ foam peanuts. Safer and still lots fun.
Old 12-21-2001, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
We had a foam party for our first date event of the semester, and it was...interesting. I had never seen or heard of one before, so it was fun for about fifteen minutes, but after the novelty wore off I was ready to go home. I almost lost my shoes in the foam, I kept falling down because the slick floor made dancing virtually impossible, and I felt gross with a captial G because of all the soap. The next day, a bunch of us had itchy, flaky skin and some even had rashes (I guess they were allergic to the foam). I think the foam peanut idea sounds a lot better, because I don't think I'll be going to one of those things again anytime soon! I hear they're banned in the United Kingdom because they can be dangerous...
Old 12-28-2001, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Every year one of the fraternities has a foam party...I haven't been but everyone who's been says it's a blast and everyone always wants to go. You just get wet and soapy and dance the night away.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
Hey!
One fraternity on campus throws one every semester for a rush event..
its TONS of fun..
we don't have houses here but they get permission to do it on campus at one of the buildings...there is like a lowered pit outside that they corral off and stuff.. ive gone 2wice already and both times were a lot of fun.. the foam hurts when it gets in the eyes.. but other than that its definitly fun..

Old 01-02-2002, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

A few clubs in Knoxville started having foam parties like on the deck on Saturdays during the summer about 2 or 3 years ago. Im not sure if they still do or not. They always let the ladies in for free (if they wore a swim suit) - but after the first time or so, it just got to be where the guys who stand behind the rails and watch all the girls in their bathing suits dance around. They had a huge foam machine that blew the stuff everywhere. But take the advice of someone who said to take a shower, no matter how tired or drunk you are!
Old 01-28-2002, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to a Foam Party at a bar in Cancun...it was a lot of fun!!

Have a nice day
Old 01-28-2002, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Foam party

Yea, actually, we have quite a few foam parties that happen on our campus throughout the year. We went in on a biad on one, and it was alot of fun, the only problem is the soap gets in your eyes, and the next morning my eyes were bright red. Its makes for a great party though.