GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,456
0 members and 1,456 guests
No Members online

Old 08-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Croakies n Bows

Party with no girls

We are looking to have a party during girls rush, so there will be no/not many girls at the party. Does anyone have any ideas that would be good for a theme of that kind of party?

The best one i have heard is an AA party where everyone wears, Hello my name is.. name tags.

Last edited by Croakies n Bows; 08-02-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Poker Night/ Vegas Night- poker tables and cigars
ESPN - wear a jersey, you can also cook out tailgate type food
Around the world- offer different types of beverages from different places. Bonus if someone can get through all of them without getting sick.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

1.) The word is WEAR not WHERE.
2.) Do a search. There are probably about 6000 threads about rush parties.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

An "AA" party? Someone might find that offensive. I get it, but others might not.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

You could have the theme be "Registered Sex Offenders and Children."

That way, on the off chance a girl ever showed up, she'd pull a U-turn at the door.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croakies n Bows View Post
also i searched the threads and there is no thread like this, if you find one please post it so i can look at it.
I also searched and didn't really find anything either . It really suprised me as I'm sure this must have been covered somewhere on here... hopefully you can find the thread you're looking for!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
i dont know how it is at other campuses but during girls rush at UofA, the girls arnt allowed to leave their house and if they are caught at parties, they are fined, and if a rushee is caught at a party she is taken out of rush. also the gdi's and greeks dont really go to each others parties so until girls bid day, it is a sausage fest, that is why we are trying to think of ideas for guys only.

I know that sorority members at my school were not to attend fraternity parties during recruitment.

The fraternities here are generally open to non-Greek girls as well, so even if we weren't present, they didn't have a total sausage fest going on.

So, you'd rather have a sausage-fest during recruitment instead of waiting like a week?

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Dumb question, but is this party going to get guys who are potentially rushing your fraternity? Are you looking at it sort of as a way to recruit guys?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/se...archid=4803354

14 threads of party themes. Just take the girl factor out of them. The one in the LXA forum would probably be useful.

And I laughed incredibly hard when I saw the picture 33girl :P
Old 08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
oh it's NJIT! I do find it wierd that the only people at parties are greeks. From what I've seen it has always been the non-Greeks who party the most. And I'm also lost on the concept of non-Greeks having seperate parties. I mean there is no way they can do something as large as a GLO can.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i dont know how it is at other campuses but during girls rush at UofA, the girls arnt allowed to leave their house and if they are caught at parties, they are fined, and if a rushee is caught at a party she is taken out of rush. also the gdi's and greeks dont really go to each others parties so until girls bid day, it is a sausage fest, that is why we are trying to think of ideas for guys only.
I can't believe I'm helping a fellow Greek. Thankfully y'all likely will not be stealing any of our rushees, so I can give the advice.

Whats the overlap between girls and guys. There's a week that the guys cant be there, and I think rush starts on September 12th, so that puts the 5th. When's girls rush? There's just not a lot of time. I wouldn't throw a real big rush party, rather just throw a bunch of small parties wherever ya'll have your main base house.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
yes, this will be our first party for the year

and yes there will be some girls, but maybe 1 for every 10 guys, so we just can't have something like 'heaven and hell' or pros and hoes. and non-greek girls are allowed at any party, its just that we usually dont have many gdi's of any kind. They normally stay to themselves, but they do come out a lot during rush it seems since the greeks are busy and there are new people at the college.

oh and i must say, i laughed at the picture too, great post
Don't use those themes, they were old in 1999 and now it is 2009. Parties don't require themes, and a crappy party is a crappy party regardless of a theme and t-shirt.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks, and we are actually living in buc droke this year. So no more house parties, which is great for us. Also, i agree with you on smaller and non-registered parties, but for some reason the president wants a bigger party. I think it is just because we are finally in a house and he thinks it will make our presence known, but idk. Im just on social committee and told to think of party ideas.
Again, I'm graduated...but I'm not terribly sure what the Greek consensus is this year on whether or not to have mondo rush parties or just smaller ones. I kind of think the shift will be towards smaller ones.

Bit off-topic, have you heard the numbers coming through this year? Last year was pretty high, I was just wondering what it was this year.

edit: And VS, every party at the UofA has a theme at least if it's registered...which this one would be.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Buchanan Droke is your fraternity house and not a dorm anymore?