GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,301
0 members and 1,301 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

2.5 GPA, am i in good standing? Please help!

At my school the GPA minimum is a 2.5 and one of my sisters has exactly a 2.52. She is worried that she won't able to be social or be active next semester. However, since she met the minimum requirement I don't think she should worry.

I know most schools require a 2.5 minimum. How does it work at your school? Do sisters need to be above a 2.5 or is a 2.5 fine to remain active with no privileges taken away?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Why are you reposting this in another forum when you've already gotten answers? And this isn't the forum for that kind of question.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Because I got one answer. And yes it is, the question includes whether or not my sister can be social.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

The answer you got was the only right answer:

We can't possibly know, as we don't know the rules for your GLO (since all sororities have different rules) at your school. You should really check with an adviser.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Read your bylaws. Talk to your Scholarship Officer/Chair. That's where you'll find the answer.

And this is not the right forum to be posting in, as Carnation already stated.

End of story.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Seems to me that you already know the rules about academic probation in your organization, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_starke View Post
Originally Posted by riley_starke
I'll be inactive for my sorority this year due to a low GPA.

I'm afraid that during the semester that i'm inactive for, the girls won't hang out with me because I won't get the emails that plan events. Also, I'm afraid everyone will bond with each other even closer and when I return I'll be an outcast.

I'm especially embarrassed, I don't want the girls to think I'm not smart. How do you think they will judge me?

What should I expect? How does this process work?
Has this happened to you? What was it like?
ALSO, I'm sure the word will spread around, but does someone make an announcement to everyone about it? Do I still have to go to meetings with the council monthly to talk about it?

**The GPA requirement is a 2.5, I have a 2.4. Do you think there is any way they will let me still be active? The reason why it is so low is because I was in the wrong major and I transferred.

Thank you!!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_starke View Post
Because I got one answer. And yes it is, the question includes whether or not my sister can be social.
You got 1 answer. It was the correct one. What else are you looking for? Sorry, but we are not going to give you the answer that you want, which is that your sister will be able to stay off probation, will get to go to all the parties and mixers, and has nothing to worry about. This is Greek Chat, not Greek-Blow-Sunshine-Up-Your-Skirt.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Seriously? Good research; sheds new light on the question. Seems to me the "sister" is likely the one she sees when she looks in the mirror.

And the OP might be a little concerned about her standing with her sorority, with good reason. It's not uncommon for members who repeatedly do not make grades to be brought up for membership termination.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes I do know about academic probation which I wasn't on but I wasn't asking about that. And I can proudly say I brought my GPA up to a 3.0 this past semester so I am talking about my sister.

Loving the sassy comments btw!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

This is how greek chat is. We gave you a correct answer you wished not to accept. I know that probation is upsetting but we do not know how your chapter will handle the issues. Each organization has their own GPA requirements, and has their own ways of handling times when the GPA isn't up to standards.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

What are you talking about ...I did accept it. I want different opinions, I asked what is it like at YOUR school as well.
Closed Thread