GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,298
2 members and 1,296 guests
g41965, naraht

Old 08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lavalier Ceremony

Hey Im new to the forum hopefully someone can help I know what Lavaliering is and don't need any info on that... simply my Fraternity is small and we don't have a history here of doing it but i would like to start it. If anyone has done it please tell what you did on your end. My girlfriends sorority i know will do a candle passing thing and i know we vote to allow it to happen but thats as for as i know

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals625 View Post
Hey Im new to the forum hopefully someone can help I know what Lavaliering is and don't need any info on that... simply my Fraternity is small and we don't have a history here of doing it but i would like to start it. If anyone has done it please tell what you did on your end. My girlfriends sorority i know will do a candle passing thing and i know we vote to allow it to happen but thats as for as i know

Thanks
My best friend was lavaliered by her boyfriend and they duct taped him to our front column and then covered him in ketchup.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

AHHH! ^ lol well... I doubht theyd do anything like that to me because our school has a crazy zero tolerence for any sort of hazing... What did he do when he Lavaliered her thou? like in front of both groups, was their song sang by fraternity or anything of that nature?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
My best friend was lavaliered by her boyfriend and they duct taped him to our front column and then covered him in ketchup.
that is pretty much the only kind of "ceremony" I ever heard a fraternity conducting for a guy lavaliering something... although I've heard of other condiments being used as well...

Does your fraternity ever serenade? maybe a group of guys could sing to your gf or something. do you have a sweetheart song?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been to various lavaliering ceremonies. The KA's at my school serenaded the girl that was being lavaliered and then they chased the guy, captured him, covered him in ketchup and mustard and dunked him in the campus lake.

The Delta Sigma Phi's at my school also serenaded the girl that was being lavaliered and then each member gave her a rose (I think the guy that lavaliered her gave her a red rose and the other members gave her a yellow rose, for friendship). I don't remember condiments being used, but I'm sure they did their thing where other people wouldn't see.

Lavaliering on my campus was a serious thing. You only lavaliered if you had plans to propose to the girl. It's similar to a promise ring. I know of girls that were lavaliered 5 years ago and are only now getting engaged. It definitely shouldn't be done on a whim- remember, that girl will wear your letters around her neck.

Serenading and flowers always seems the way to go. If you want to involve condiments, that's up to you.