GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,393
1 members and 2,392 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-02-2004, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Explain plz!

I was looking through the rush results, and saw this:

University of Nebraska, Lincoln: August 16-19 (quota determined individually)

How is quota determined individually?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2004, 07:46 PM

I don't know how Nebraska does it, but it sounds like what they used to do at Ohio State.

Each chapter at OSU would set their own quota for formal recruitment, but no chapter could go over campus total (100). So, a chapter with 50 spaces could theoretically set their quota as 50 and a chapter with 15 spaces could only set their quota as 15. There was no quota setting by Panhellenic, little or no release figures used, and so on. Trust me, this was mind-blowing for an old alumna used to a more traditional formal recruitment system.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
If this is the case, then whats the point of having quota? Just have FR, and a campus total. How can you say you made quota when qutoa was whatever you set it at?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 10-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

At one time, Pitt had a strange quota system. Total was something (60? I don't know), and each sorority had to "register" the number of seniors they had at the beginning of the school year. Then, Panhel would tell them how many they could pledge. It was something like Total minus Seniors equals Quota. So, (and I'm using imaginary numbers, because I don't have this down pat) if Total was 60 and ABC had 15 seniors and 50 sisters, then they could pledge only the 15. If Total was 60 and ABC had 15 seniors and 20 sisters, their Quota was 40+15 or 55.

Obviously, it didn't make a lot of sense, since they changed systems a long time ago!
Old 10-02-2004, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Buttonz
If this is the case, then whats the point of having quota? Just have FR, and a campus total. How can you say you made quota when qutoa was whatever you set it at?
I'm afraid that's easy. Quite simply, if your chapter sets quota as 32 and you get 32, you've achieved quota. I'm guessing that PH has a list of each chapter and their quota, and then at the end of the week they have a record of who got quota and who didn't.

I'm just thankful that the sororities no longer use this system at OSU and hope all chapters there continue to do well. They've come a long way and it's very encouraging to see the changes (and IMHO, improvements) to OSU's Panhellenic recruitment system.