GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,135
3 members and 1,132 guests
PGD-GRAD, zabryashulze790

Old 05-22-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG!

how is it that everyone has so accurately pegged so many people in my life!!!! I can think of 20 people that fill all those positions. I didn't know other fraternities on other campuses had a "guy that doesn't bathe". In my experience "that guy" happens to be my boyfriends fraternity brother and ROOMATE! it is disgusting, and I thought he was an anomoly! and the "emotional drunk" that was my roomates boyfriend (also a member of the above mentioned fraternity). Brothers still tell us of all the times he would hide out in the woods behind greek row untill a band of brothers went to save him!!!

this thread is soooo funny, but sooo true!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
how about the I wanna be a brother sister ?? You know the one who's ALWAYS hanging out with "that certain" fraternity... constantly talking up their events... knows their pledges every semester... refers to the chapter's members as "her boys"...
UGH!!! Drives me crazy. Now you can see from my sig that I'm the TKE Sweetheart for the chapter here, but no way in hell did I get that by throwing myself at them and doing their every whim. Yes, occasionally I'll DD, or I'll give someone a ride, or help a friend with homework, and of course point guys in their direction if I can, but I earned their RESPECT, and I'm very proud that I was able to earn that title without having to be the chapter hoe. It also says a great deal about the guys in that chapter... quality men.

My chapter had a big problem last year (and still does a little bit IMO) in that we're divided by what fraternity we hang out with. The two main fraternities that the girls hang out with are Pikes and Pi Lams, and I honestly have to say the worst ones are the ones that hang out with the Pikes. Everyone is always falling all over themselves to be their Dream Girl, and we and another sorority act like we fight over them, to see who has "home turf" at the Pike house. Little do they know that the guys just laugh it up and know that they OWN every single one of those girls (Greek and non-Greek).

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 05-23-2003, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
how about the I wanna be a brother sister ?? You know the one who's ALWAYS hanging out with "that certain" fraternity... constantly talking up their events... knows their pledges every semester... refers to the chapter's members as "her boys"...

hahaha...we have a girl exactly like that, but the guys can't stand her! They actually have an emergency "sue" (I'm not going to use her real name) drill where if she comes over to the house unannounced, one by one they will make a break for the basement, locking the door behind them until she's left by herself, completely confused. Then she leaves.

This has gone on for about 4 months and she still hasn't figured it out yet.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

How is a Dinosaur someone who graduated 3 years ago!?!?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by XOMichelle
How is a Dinosaur someone who graduated 3 years ago!?!?
Yeah it should be somebody who SHOULD have graduated then....there is a girl in my chapter who is entering her SIXTH year and is unsure if she is going to graduate then or not. I think she knew all but two people in the graduation ceremony.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Yeah it should be somebody who SHOULD have graduated then....there is a girl in my chapter who is entering her SIXTH year and is unsure if she is going to graduate then or not. I think she knew all but two people in the graduation ceremony.
Ni I would have to disagree. I am entering my 5th year, and there are a couple of us, and I don't think we're dinosaurs
Old 05-23-2003, 04:01 PM

Wink

Quote:
there is a girl in my chapter who is entering her SIXTH year and is unsure if she is going to graduate then or not.
Maybe she got a deal:
"Pay for 5 years of tuition, get the 6th year free". LOL
Old 05-23-2003, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
Ni I would have to disagree. I am entering my 5th year, and there are a couple of us, and I don't think we're dinosaurs
5 years is ok when you do co-ops, change your major, have two majors, have a hard major, etc. GPBoy had just graduated after 5 years. This girl is going into number six without having an idea of when she is going to graduate, she has a very easy major, and has gone on no co-ops. I realize there are excuses for some situations like this, but she does not have one!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
5 years is ok when you do co-ops, change your major, have two majors, have a hard major, etc. GPBoy had just graduated after 5 years. This girl is going into number six without having an idea of when she is going to graduate, she has a very easy major, and has gone on no co-ops. I realize there are excuses for some situations like this, but she does not have one!
Ok, well that's just sad then. I changed my major 3 times, and took a semester off so that's why it's going to take me 5 years.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
Ok, well that's just sad then. I changed my major 3 times, and took a semester off so that's why it's going to take me 5 years.
And that is why she is a dinosaur and you are not!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

what about the "not yet a sister but thinks she is." She's the one who wears the colors and has already started collecting mascot figurines and constantly follows the girls around wherever they go.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Quote:
Originally posted by KissASinfonian
what about the "not yet a sister but thinks she is." She's the one who wears the colors and has already started collecting mascot figurines and constantly follows the girls around wherever they go.

LMAO!

We have a couple of those. One has even passed out flyers for us before in the quad!!

Hey at least she has the right idea!!

Old 05-25-2003, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Quote:
Originally posted by KissASinfonian
Do these wannabes ever actually rush and pledge their idol house, or are they forever hopeful?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Do these wannabes ever actually rush and pledge their idol house, or are they forever

I
Quote:
Do these wannabes ever actually rush and pledge their idol house, or are they forever hopeful?
I have seen both. Most of the time, however they are too scared to rush and just figure that if they go ahead and stay close to the group they'll sort "have all the benefits with none of the responsibilities." (Which by the way, I find this rediculous....The "responsibilities" are the very best part of sisterhood.
mlk
Old 05-25-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
This is probably the funniest thing I've ever read! Especially when putting a face with the title of all my husband's brothers! GEEZ! Especially the 'dirty one'...I can still smell him, and see his nasty toes creeping out through his sandals! YUCK!

I like the dinosaur one too, however, I do think you need to go back a little further. There are a couple of my husbands much OLDER (graduated at least 15 years ago!) alums that go to ALL the parties! It was really just too weird, except when he'd take everyone out for breakfast at 3am! It just seemed really weird to me!

aj