GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,835
0 members and 1,835 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Time's almost up!!! It's so exciting that you had such a wonderful time getting to know these chapters better as the week went on. Tomorrow when you're waiting for your invite list, just remember, in a few days you'll have an entire house full of sisters just waiting to be your new friends. This tiring week is sooo worth it! Best of luck tomorrow, and have a great time at Prefs. Take everything in and follow your heart to your new home!

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2002, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

OK, I KNOW it's 2 more hours and on top of THAT whose going to run back, log in and immediately type a post TODAY!?!

When this is all over, I'll look back and think-
"So WHAT if I didn't mop, dust, vac and made really LOUSY suppers this week!" HURRY UP AND GET THIS RECRUITMENT SEASON OVER! My house is a MESS!
Oh well... I gotta get a LIFE!
Old 08-24-2002, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
When this is all over, I'll look back and think-
"So WHAT if I didn't mop, dust, vac and made really LOUSY suppers this week!" HURRY UP AND GET THIS RECRUITMENT SEASON OVER! My house is a MESS!
Oh well... I gotta get a LIFE!
Oh justamom, I could've written those EXACT words. Clean?? What's that? I've got rush threads to read!!
Old 08-24-2002, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Curly, we're waiting for your morning update!
Old 08-24-2002, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Prefs!

Hello ladies....

I received my invite list this morning...here is what it said!

Alpha Chi Omega
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu

I was dropped by Pi Phi, DPhiE and AEPhi. I'm extremely nervous about tonight, b/c I'm still not 100% positively sure that I'm going to accept a bid. I have my favorites as of right now...but we'll see after tonight.

As of right now, the most pressing question is red or black dress? They're both knee length, cocktail dresses...black is a tubetop and the red is a one-shoulder. I really like the red dress, but don't know if I want to stand out that much! lol

What do y'all think?
Old 08-24-2002, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Go with the red dress. I know that you will look beautiful!
Old 08-24-2002, 12:16 PM

Congrats on your invites, pref night is truly a special night! I think you should go with the red dress. How did your roommate do with her invites?
Old 08-24-2002, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your invites! Those are all awesome chapters!

Personally, I'd go with the red dress. Everybody else will be wearing black. If you wear red, it'll be easier for them to remember you.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Ha, ha. I wore a red dress to prefs while everyone else was in black, and actives from all three houses later told me they were impressed.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd go with the red one! Red is such a stunning color and makes a statement.

Congratulations on your invites! Have a wonderful time tonight!

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-24-2002, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I say go for the red!!! It seems like everyone is always in black at pref. Plus AChiO will probably think it is cool because its one of their colors. But then be careful not to tell the other two that you went to AChiO for pref or they could get the wrong idea.

Also you will probably be asked how you are feeling about going greek or going XYZ. I would caution you to maybe not let on you aren't 100% sure about accepting a bid. Because by the time you walk out of one of those houses you will probably have **that** feeling.

I would say you are having a tough time making a decision. That way the sorority doesn't know if are torn between them and another house OR if you aren't sure about going greek.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
the red dress and good luck on Pref night. Thats like my favorite night of all I hope you find whats right for you!

Nichole
Old 08-25-2002, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Prefs Update

Hello ladies...

Prefs was definitely a very long night...but very helpful. To recap, I visited Kappa Kappa Gamma, Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu. After the last party, all the girls met with their rush groups in Norman Field (across the street from Sorority Row). From there we walked to our "home base"...the room where we've been meeting to receive our invite lists. It was amazing seeing 19 rush groups walking in their prefs dresses across campus. My home base was in Florida Gym, which is right next to the stadium. I would have to say that it is almost on the opposite side of campus. We walked in silence (for the most part), and stopped traffic everywhere we went. It was quite a sight!

Our Pi Chis had warned us to bring a bag with a change of clothes and comfortable shoes. So there I was wearing a red dress (I was complimented all night! hehe), flip flops, and carrying a huge bag and my red heels in the other hand. The air wasn't on in our room b/c it's on a timer, and doesn't work on Saturdays. It was funny, b/c the moment we walked into our room, all the girls starting undressing and changing into their comfy clothes.

We got our instructions and asked questions. The pizza guy arrived a bit later...so we pigged out! By the time we got our ranking sheets in front of us, girls were freaking out. Girls were waiting in line to talk to the Pi Chis about what decision to make. Then finally, at midnight, all the girls turned their papers in to the computer Pi Chi. (we started at about 10p) She then ran to the computer room....scanned all of our sheets...and we were allowed to leave about half an hour later.

I didn't take too long to rank the chapters...but this afternoon I'll make my final decision.

Now about the actual pref ceremonies...they were beautiful. I was so excited to finally be able to eat! One house served chocolate covered strawberries on a glass plate that had my name written in frosting. Another house put my name on a cupcake. I liked the ceremonies in all the houses, and I even got teary eyed in some of them. In one house, one of the sisters was talking about how her mom died of cancer, and all the support that she received from her sorority sisters.

I do have to mention one thing, at one house, the girl that preffed (sp?) me kept saying "I'm sooo glad to see you again"...."I feel really comfortable talking to you"....."we've all been talking about how cute you are"......etc, etc. I know that this isn't a direct violation of any kind, but after leaving the house I felt really uncomfortable. I felt guilty not ranking it higher than I did....but I didn't like how I felt pressured by the girl. I understand that by attending prefs, the chapter is letting you know that they are very interested in you. But at the same time, I don't like feeling guilty about *not* joining them. Get it? I am confused as it is about rush, so I didn't really like all the added pressure!

There is a ceremony this afternoon at 5p where all the girls will be inducted into Panhellenic as a whole. That is also where we find out our Pi Chis affiliations. (super excited about that...since we started guessing last night) Then at 6p, we all walk to Norman Field and stand in circles according to our groups. Our Pi Chis will hand envelopes to us, and we have to hold them on our head so we don't peek. Then, at the same time, we all open the card and "cry and run" to our houses. Now, I'm not a crier, and I'm definitely not a runner....so if I accept the bid, I'll be walking there! lol....

I'll update everyone when I get back! Thanks again for all the support!
Old 08-25-2002, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the update, curlygirly! I can't wait to hear what you choose.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
Thanks so much for the updates, curlygirly! I will be checking frequently to see what the outcome is! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

~Rxy

P.S.-glad you went with the red dress!
Closed Thread