GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,296
1 members and 1,295 guests
speedsters

Old 06-22-2001, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KayDeeCareBear
Thumbs down TOTALLY disgusting!

Well, I was sitting downstairs in my office today, happily doing my graphic design work, when I heard something behind me that sounded like ripping paper. I looked over at my co-worker... She looked at me, and we both turned around at the same time to see that there was quite a large puddle forming on the floor, from the pipe just above that had just split. A second later, the smell hit us. It was the pipe that carried the waste! Ugh! We threw the trashcan under the leak REALLY quick, then we got out of there and called the plumber! (He duct-taped it. Said he'd fix it as soon as the water could be shut off. Oy)

So, anyone else have any disgusting stories to share? preferably up to PG-13 rated!

[This message has been edited by KayDeeCareBear (edited June 22, 2001).]
Old 06-23-2001, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Last January I moved into a duplex with my little sis in my chapter. Her Grandfather actually owned the duplex so rent was cheap and affordable.
Anyways - My roommate was somewhat paranoid of many things. Well one afternoon I was sitting at home and I was unusually tired. I noticed a smell in the house but couldn't pin point it so I just continued about my daily routine. I mentioned the smell to my boyfriend later that night and he asked me what I thought it smelled like, and I said...well, rotten eggs. He said it could be a gas leak.
So I came home that night and my roommate had lit about a thousand candles. I told her what my boyfriend had said and she immediately freaked. So the next day she called our Metro. Utilities Department. They came and asked where the furnace was. My roommate pointed the gentleman to the basement...an area of the house that I had yet to go to.
After about a minute the guy came back up the stairs and informed my roommate it wasn't a gas leak....it was a sewage leak...in our basement. LMAO...boy did we feel stupid.
Hootie