GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,400
1 members and 2,399 guests
bjaessjnray2773

Old 07-29-2002, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

You know what's scary? All the people on the MTV boards love Jordan and seem to think of her as the ideal pledge... eeesh!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThielGirlie
KerriMarie... That's scary!

New episode on in about 20 min! (Did I just sound excited there? That's sad...)

Quick poll:
Say all the pledges that appear on camera were rushing your sorority, and you HAD to chose one to be a sister, which one would you pick?
(I'm sure I can guess the two that WOULDN'T be picked! )

I think I would go with Dede... she seems pretty cool (from the like, 30 seconds TOTAL she's been on camera!). Who knows, we haven't seen that much of her on camera!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
I couldn’t stop laughing through out that entire episode.

1.)“Ill hook-up with whoever I want to hook-up with”
2.) That one girl getting dropped during the trust your sister ritual.
3.) The UC Davis guy that’s 28, I hope he is a graduate student.
4.) Cockblock
5.) Leslie she really didn’t say/do anything funny I just wanted to mention her.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDambular
This show is getting ridiculous...but I still keep watching!
That Sylvia girl was way out of line or slappying Jessica, all Jessica wanted to do was help. Maybe Sylvia is just trying to get some camera time...?
Also....how much money do you think Greek101.com shelled out for these girls to wear so much of their merchandise??
Old 07-29-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah, I can just picture the secret meetings of the top MTV executives.........

Clone #1: Ah! Sorority Life is doing so well! It doesn't matter that the only people watching are Greeks who are sighing at how horrible an idea this show was, what's important is that we got ratings!

Clone #2: Exactly! I mean, I'm sure the women who aren't in sororities have caught on that sororities don't REALLY operate like this, and that this is just another version of the Real World, but, we've got ratings!

Clone #3: I've got the PERFECT idea! There's a local down at Intangible State University called Omicron Xi Eta, let's build them a chapter house AND a pledge house and create the Sorority Life counterpart!

Clone #1: What a GREAT idea! We can manipulate everything we tape so that everyone will think they're just an Animal House, never mind all the good things they do in the community, no one wants to watch that, it's about ratings!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
fill me in!!

Ok so what happened on tonites show? I was at work and missed it
Old 07-29-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by KDambular
This show is getting ridiculous...but I still keep watching!
That Sylvia girl was way out of line or slappying Jessica, all Jessica wanted to do was help. Maybe Sylvia is just trying to get some camera time...?
Also....how much money do you think Greek101.com shelled out for these girls to wear so much of their merchandise??
Yeah, Sylvia was drunk and acting stupid. Jessica was too nice to apologize first.

I did notice Jordan and Sylvia sporting Greek101 shirst tonight, but hey, it's better than Becca's red and gray one!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Who were those people. . .

. . .talking with the pledges? Were they (gasp) SISTERS?

::sarcasm off::

Actually, it's good to see the sisters and more of the pledges on camera. I think Jessica picked the wrong time and place to 'voice' her opinion, but getting slapped for it wasn't cool either.

I missed last weeks episode, but I can definitely see some relationship dynamics that are different here.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to MUPhiMuKHap
Cool

Tonights episode was highly entertaining, at least for me it was. Sad as it was, I will admit I laughed when Jessica got dropped. Oops. As for the whole Jordan/Amanda drama I think it was really rude for Jordan to say all those things about Amanda, even though some of them may be true. It just looks really tacky to talk about your "friends" like that while you're being taped and then shown to millions of viewers, but whatever. The show has absolutely no point and nothing to do with sorority life in the least, but I keep thinking next week there will be something more sorority related. However from next weeks previews it sure doesn't look like it, but oh well it's an entertaining way to waste 30 minutes I guess.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:06 AM
UMgirl

My pick for a sister is a tie between Mara and Jessica. I can't say Dede just for the fact that we dont get to see her.

Does anyone else think Jordan is mad at Amanda because her lil sidekick is no longer taking any crap from her and has made a new friend in Candace ? You can't be the center of attention all the time sweety. Not that Candace and Amanda seem to be the best match from what the nect episode shows.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
I agree that Jordan is mad at Amanda because she's hanging out with Candace more, but also, I'd be mad too if people were continuously being loud and then didn't apologize for it.

And I laughed my ass off when Jessica got dropped! There's just something about that girl that bothers me!!!

BTW, I didn't know that Sylvia was a pledge...is that the first she's been on? I've never seen her before. Anybody know?
Old 07-30-2002, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I can't believe that Jessica was so weak as to let Sylvia basically turn it around on her. I feel that Sylvia made it to where Jessica had to feel the guilt of what happened...what a bitch!

I also can't believe that there was nobody calling Sylvia in to discuss why she physically assaulted one of her pledge sisters. I mean, did they seriously tell them to just talk about it to each other on their own time and kiss and make up?

I have started to like Mara. I hope that she doesn't do anything to mess that up. I have heard people say that she ends up dropping (on the MTV messageboard).
Old 07-30-2002, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DivaStar05 Send a message via Yahoo to DivaStar05
Question I just have to bring this up....

Okay, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this....But what's up with showing other sororities letters in the opening credits???
Old 07-30-2002, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Re: I just have to bring this up....

Quote:
Originally posted by DivaStar05
Okay, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this....But what's up with showing other sororities letters in the opening credits???
I have only spotted Delta Gamma's.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I've seen Delta Gamma and Kappa Kappa Gamma in the credits.