GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,442
1 members and 1,441 guests
No Members online

Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

letter of rec for my friend

Hi guys i'm writing a letter of rec for my friend and i was looking at the membership reference form. it asks me for my address and stuff and i'm not sure why it is asking me for this info? (i just recently moved..not sure if this makes a difference) just a formality? also for initiation date do i just put 2011 ? i don't remember the exact day

thanks, sorry for the bad typing my left hand is in a cast.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Your initiation date is available to you on the Kappa website.

Are you serious with the address question? Use your permanent address.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, is your friend going through recruitment at your school? If so, you may not write her a rec.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

That's so they can contact you with any questions, thank you for the rec, let you know if she pledged, etc, etc, etc. And they want the date in case they need to verify that you are in fact a Kappa. Talk to your regional recruitment person or call your HQ to get direction on how to write a rec. It will be a big favor to your friend if you do it properly.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

ok guys this has helped me a lot thanks!

lastly, my friend has a question and asked me to post it here. if her family moved recently (as in like the last week) her perm. address has changed. Should she put her new address or old? or would it even make a difference? she's kinda wanting to know i guess if the address is used to do any confirmation on kappa membership, in which case she would use the old one since the new one wouldn't have been affiliated at all. she did ask someone i think but they haven't gotten back to her and none of my sis's seem to actually know so we're exhausting all resources in the hunt for the answer. thanks guys you've helped a lot!!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post

lastly, my friend has a question and asked me to post it here. if her family moved recently (as in like the last week) her perm. address has changed. Should she put her new address or old? or would it even make a difference? she's kinda wanting to know i guess if the address is used to do any confirmation on kappa membership, in which case she would use the old one since the new one wouldn't have been affiliated at all. she did ask someone i think but they haven't gotten back to her and none of my sis's seem to actually know so we're exhausting all resources in the hunt for the answer. thanks guys you've helped a lot!!
QFP and WTF?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Um, what?

Also, if you're an initiated member, why not ask these questions to the sisters you know IRL?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

ug sorry my hand is broken so typing with 1 hand is probably not doing wonders for my eloquence. she has asked and no one has been able to give an actual answer. the question is this: if she put her new address on a rec (for mailing purposes of information about the pnm,etc) is someone gonna look at it and be like "you're not in kappa, thats not the right address!!!! IMPOSTER" b/c she just moved? this is IMPORTANT b/c one of the pnms one year faked a rec i guess and lets just say it was bad
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ug sorry my hand is broken so typing with 1 hand is probably not doing wonders for my eloquence. she has asked and no one has been able to give an actual answer. the question is this: if she put her new address on a rec (for mailing purposes of information about the pnm,etc) is someone gonna look at it and be like "you're not in kappa, thats not the right address!!!! IMPOSTER" b/c she just moved? this is IMPORTANT b/c one of the pnms one year faked a rec i guess and lets just say it was bad
If YOU (the Kappa) is writing a rec for the PNM (not a Kappa)...why would the chapter need to verify her address since she's obviously not a Kappa? It'd be YOUR address that would be in question, yes?

Broken bones or not you're just not making any sense at all, lady.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 AM
GreekChat Member

oh i see!! i'm sorry should've made this clearer. I'm asking this question for ANOTHER friend (one who is in kkg w/ me) who is writing a rec for a DIFFERENT person. this is a completely separate situation.

my kkg friend who just moved is the one who i'm asking the address question about, NOT my friend who i'm writing a rec for, sorry!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

If you go online you can change your address with Kappa HQ and then put the new address down on the rec.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
oh i see!! i'm sorry should've made this clearer. I'm asking this question for ANOTHER friend (one who is in kkg w/ me) who is writing a rec for a DIFFERENT person. this is a completely separate situation.

my kkg friend who just moved is the one who i'm asking the address question about, NOT my friend who i'm writing a rec for, sorry!
I am afraid that your posts have now veered this train right off the rails. Now many people don't believe that you are who you say you are. Step away from the keyboard. We are all full up on crazy here....
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I never refer to my fraternity brothers as "my ODPhi friends"

Interesting.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I never refer to my fraternity brothers as "my ODPhi friends"

Interesting.

THIS.