GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,190
1 members and 1,189 guests
No Members online

Old 01-13-2012, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Cuts between rounds

Between which rounds are the largest cuts generally made?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just getting anxious about recruitment. If there is a specific time in which the most cuts are made, I want to kind of prepare myself.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

It depends on the group. With RFM, each group gets different release numbers depending on their "recruiting strength." Some groups have to make early cuts to make sure they widdle down the numbers in a reasonable fashion to assure they make quota. Other groups have to keep large numbers of PNMs in order to assure that they have the best chance to show PNMs who they are so that they can make quota. They may not release women until close to preference.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Not all campuses are on RFM, in which case, it completely depends on the chapter.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Not all campuses are on RFM, in which case, it completely depends on the chapter.
True, but most are.

AOII

Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Other groups have to keep large numbers of PNMs in order to assure that they have the best chance to show PNMs who they are so that they can make quota. They may not release women until close to preference.
No group ever HAS to keep any PNMs.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It depends on the group. With RFM, each group gets different release numbers depending on their "recruiting strength." Some groups have to make early cuts to make sure they widdle down the numbers in a reasonable fashion to assure they make quota. Other groups have to keep large numbers of PNMs in order to assure that they have the best chance to show PNMs who they are so that they can make quota. They may not release women until close to preference.
Thank you for this explanation, but I'm kind of confused. Are you saying those that recruit more "strongly" cut more earlier and those that recruit not quite as strongly make bigger cuts late? Or do I have that wrong? lol. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_greek View Post
Thank you for this explanation, but I'm kind of confused. Are you saying those that recruit more "strongly" cut more earlier and those that recruit not quite as strongly make bigger cuts late? Or do I have that wrong? lol. Thanks!
With RFM, those chapters with historically strong return rates are required to release more early.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Between which rounds are the largest cuts generally made?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just getting anxious about recruitment. If there is a specific time in which the most cuts are made, I want to kind of prepare myself.

Thanks!
Quote:
You truly need to get off the internet and concentrate on your re-rush in progress. Asking questions like this is not going to help you figure out what your "chances" are. There are many more factors than release numbers.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
You truly need to get off the internet and concentrate on your re-rush in progress. Asking questions like this is not going to help you figure out what your "chances" are. There are many more factors than release numbers.
I'm not sure why it's not okay to ask questions. I just want to be prepared for any disappointment and knowing when the heaviest cuts happen can assist in that. I'm not trying to figure out my "chances," I just want to emotionally prepare myself. I currently have nothing to do at the moment in regards to recruitment, and I am trying to not go crazy waiting for the next events.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

After round one most groups release all the grade risks, reputation risks and no recs (if they are needed on that campus). That is often the more heavily cut round.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm not sure why it's not okay to ask questions. I just want to be prepared for any disappointment and knowing when the heaviest cuts happen can assist in that. I'm not trying to figure out my "chances," I just want to emotionally prepare myself. I currently have nothing to do at the moment in regards to recruitment, and I am trying to not go crazy waiting for the next events.
Because your questions are veering closer and closer into membership selection territory and do not have any bearing on your individual situation. Everyone's recruitment situation is different. There's no way to "prepare" yourself based on some kind of magical statistical formula. Get out and try to do something fun to get your mind off things that are out of your control.

Quote:
I think I've been unclear. I would be thrilled to get a bid from ANY sorority on campus. In fact, the one I dropped last time is one in which a have many friends. I'm not going by reputation anymore, I have matured past that. Recruitment is currently going on and do far I have still been invited back to a couple in which I could see myself. Assuming I get a bid, And since the start of upperclassmen quotas it's pretty rare not to, I know in which chapters I am most likely to end up. I did not in any way mean for this to turn into an argument or to seem arrogant but I'm guessing that's how you all took it. I apologize.
Those are the houses you currently have left. They can cut you at any time for any reason, even if they don't cut anyone else that round and they haven't cut you up to this point.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you could do a volunteer project with your free time. Or some crafts (pinterest has some amazing ideas). Or try a new recipe. Or visit with family members you don't see often. Or start a new TV series. Just something to get your mind off of things. I don't mean this to be rude, I just know I can get nervous and over think things and these may be better uses of your time than worrying at this point.

If you must do something recruitment related, pick out your outfits for the next rounds or try to start friendly conversations with people when you're out and about. Figure out a new cute way to do your hair. Or just put on some music and dance around for awhile. Something. I know recruitment is anxiety producing, but you can't let it take over your whole mind. Best of luck to you.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
No group ever HAS to keep any PNMs.
Technically they do if they want any NMs. I never said that Panhellenic makes them keep PNMs. If you are a weak recruiting chapter, you "have" to keep more girls in order to have a sufficient number of PNMs to make it through recruitment and have NMs on bid day when compared to more strongly recruiting chapters. I'm not getting into CPC forcing chapters to keep PNMs they don't want, which I think is bogus.

AOII

Old 01-14-2012, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

My first thought was oh my god she's back again.

Assume you will feel cuts evenly through the entire process of rush.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Technically they do if they want any NMs. I never said that Panhellenic makes them keep PNMs. If you are a weak recruiting chapter, you "have" to keep more girls in order to have a sufficient number of PNMs to make it through recruitment and have NMs on bid day when compared to more strongly recruiting chapters. I'm not getting into CPC forcing chapters to keep PNMs they don't want, which I think is bogus.
She means that if a group looks at the pool of girls going through rush and says "yuck. They all suck." they are allowed to cut every single one of them. Of course, it's going to be uber fun explaining this to your nationals.