GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,430
3 members and 1,427 guests
aantonygooglet9, John

Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Survivor Cagayan

One of the women competing on the "beauty" team was a few years behind me at UK (I'm a Pi Phi). Maybe I'll watch this year!

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/22/3...o-compete.html
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Why does the name Trish Hegarty sound familiar? She's on brawn tribe, but was she ever a beauty contestant? Or on another tv show?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

What an odd season so far.
The brain tribe has finally done something smart (voting out J'Tia).
The brawn tribe is more likeable than I had anticipated - they actually seem to work quite well together. With the exception of the male cop, that is.
As for the beauty tribe... please let Morgan be the next to go! I never like it when people start sentences with, "Not to sound conceited, but...". Ugh.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Any Greek (sorority/fraternity) contestants this year?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, shoot. I was kinda pulling for Tash to win it all.

It's interesting how this season has panned out. I don't remember a season where one person had so much idol power this late in the game. Too bad it's Tony.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Well, shoot. I was kinda pulling for Tash to win it all.

It's interesting how this season has panned out. I don't remember a season where one person had so much idol power this late in the game. Too bad it's Tony.
But they are starting to realize that everybody dislikes Tony so much that it's smart to take him to the final 3. He will pretty much get to choose who he takes to the final 4 if he wants to. He can save the "special" idol for himself and give the regular idol to who he wants to go with. If someone in his alliance wins immunity- well, that's 3.

I'm rooting for Spencer at this point. There's no way he should still be there but somehow, he is. He can probably win the immunity challenges- Tasha seemed to beat him out a lot but it was often down to the two of them. I really want to see Spencer make it.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
But they are starting to realize that everybody dislikes Tony so much that it's smart to take him to the final 3. He will pretty much get to choose who he takes to the final 4 if he wants to. He can save the "special" idol for himself and give the regular idol to who he wants to go with. If someone in his alliance wins immunity- well, that's 3.

I'm rooting for Spencer at this point. There's no way he should still be there but somehow, he is. He can probably win the immunity challenges- Tasha seemed to beat him out a lot but it was often down to the two of them. I really want to see Spencer make it.
Agree on all of this. And as for Tony, they don't just dislike him; nobody on the jury so far, with the possible exception of Jeremiah, has any respect for him at all. And I'm betting that the jury gets that Tony has been played more than once into turning on people in his own alliance.

Meanwhile, hating the "special" immunity idol.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

It seems like 9 times out of 10, the bitter jury awards the prize to anybody but the villain. He has flip flopped all over the place with his "alliance". And if they ever find out about the "special" idol, they're going to be more mad because he didn't tell them about it. That's my prediction anyway.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Same here. I'm always reluctant to say who I'm pulling for, though, because it seems like as soon as I do, that's the person who gets the boot. If Spencer gets voted off next, this will be the last time I ever post who I'm rooting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
The big thing is you have to predict whether you'll have a bitter jury that will award the prize to anyone but Tony because they hate him, or a jury that will see his behaviour as good game play and reward him.
I would be surprised if anyone currently on the jury would see his behavior as good game play. That could very likely change depending on who gets voted off over the next couple episodes, though.

Quote:
And if they ever find out about the "special" idol, they're going to be more mad because he didn't tell them about it.
I thought he had told them about the idol... They know only about the regular idol, then, right?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I'm just so glad there's no Redemption Island this season.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, he told them about the regular idol. Nobody knows about the special powers idol unless I missed something.

I also hate the special powers idol, but I might like it if a player I liked had it
Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
I'm just so glad there's no Redemption Island this season.
BIG TIME YES TO BOTH.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Why does the name Trish Hegarty sound familiar? She's on brawn tribe, but was she ever a beauty contestant? Or on another tv show?
I don't think she was a beauty contestant, but I can ask for you. I've taught both of Trish's daughters. Have one in class this year. Just saw this post now, or would have responded sooner.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Pfft. Grumble, grumble.

I'm pretty bummed by the jury's vote. I haven't had a chance to watch the reunion part of the show yet - I watched Jeff read the votes and then went to bed. Until Spencer talked, I really thought the jury was on Woo's side. Spence messed it up, didn't he! (Although, I get that Woo is really the one who messed up by taking Tony. I'm pretty sure the jury would've voted for Woo over Kass.)
Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I wanted Trish to win - sad when she got voted out last week . It's bizarre to see how similar her mannerisms are to those of her daughters.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06