GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,329
1 members and 2,328 guests
No Members online

Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I know you had mentioned that on here and PP. So it was the Unknowns being sponsored by the Army? .
Yes. We have been sponsored by the Army for the last year. We do all the Stomping on the Yard shows as exhibition, not in the comp.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-17-2006, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedAngel Send a message via Yahoo to RedAngel
Soulman,
So is this the unknown Sigma team that was sponsored by the Army or does the Army have its own step team?
RedAngel
Old 12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

it re-airs tonight on ESPNU, I think they will re-broadcast as the date for "Stomp the Yard" come around
Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAngel View Post
Soulman,
So is this the unknown Sigma team that was sponsored by the Army or does the Army have its own step team?
RedAngel
This is the "UnKNOWn" Stepteam, and yes, we are sponsored by the Army. None of us are in the army but they sonsor us/the stomping on the yard tour.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, Can anyone guess how hard the army is trying for recruits these days?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
I hate to say it but it crossed my mind when I saw their huge logo and creed on the backdrop of the competition.....damn, war is hell and recruitment for this stupid war is even worse...but at least, we got a super stepping special on espn to enjoy...so why bite the hand that fed us such entertainment....those folks worked their butts off long hours and long days....did also think each team deserved a smaller trophy for their houses for their performances in the competition regardless of their not winning!! and maybe a smaller check...say $1000 after all, we know the Pentagon is good for it!! the public relations for these would even be better and spread further....maybe I should send them my resume for a consultant for the next competition....lol BUT CONGRATS TO ALL THE HOUSES WHOSE MEMBERS WERE SO DYNAMITE AND GREAT PERFORMERS!!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman88 View Post
This is the "UnKNOWn" Stepteam, and yes, we are sponsored by the Army. None of us are in the army but they sonsor us/the stomping on the yard tour.
Ah! It all makes sense now. When I was watching, I was thinking "I've seen these steps before..." I've seen the "UnKNOWn" perform so many times that I always know it's "them" before the masks are removed and EVERY Sigma step show I see has "borrowed" moves too.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
And Keshia Knight Pulliam's voice is worse that the sound of cats having sex.
Rashid!

The doc was cool, but watching ESPN's version of a step show reminded me of watching the Bayou Classic halftime. You just shouldn't cut things out. Why couldn't there be a whole two hours so we could see great transitions, an entire show, etc.?

I watched part of it with soRHOrs at a Christmas party, and we were shocked that we didn't see the Zetas' tribute to the Sigmas (because you know there was one), but the tributes for Omega and Iota was featured. Who dropped the ball on editing?

Loved the Alphas with the movement, and the Blue and White were excellent! I've never seen "Africa" done so creatively before.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
^^^^
Co-sign on the editing part, especially with the Alphas. It looked like the cameras couldn't stay still for them.

And you never seen the Sigmas do the African steps before? The unknown Sigmas (which I thought it was Army members doing the intro) have been doing that for years.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

GOMAB

Congrats to the Blue and White Family for winning the National Step SHow on ESPN2.

LoJ
Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeezDiscreet View Post
Ah! It all makes sense now. When I was watching, I was thinking "I've seen these steps before..." I've seen the "UnKNOWn" perform so many times that I always know it's "them" before the masks are removed and EVERY Sigma step show I see has "borrowed" moves too.

That's funny.

We sure don't mind when other Sigma teams use our stuff, as long as they rock it! They did rock it!
It's so hard for us to not throw up the hand sign or blue phi or anything while on stage representing the Army! I'm at least glad our bros were able to represent the frat so well.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

WONDERFUL SHOW SORORS & FRAT!

Folks need to erase the hate,lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug13 View Post
And you never seen the Sigmas do the African steps before? The unknown Sigmas (which I thought it was Army members doing the intro) have been doing that for years.
I've seen it too many times too count. That's my absolute favorite traditional step out of all of the fraternities. I've never seen it done as creatively as "Dem Boyz" did it because I've never seen the steppers being used as drums, especially the two in the middle...leaning back...with no hands...looking like a wide African drum. Were there two? Maybe four? Never seen that before, and I loved it.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

My +/- Recap

i finally finished watching it...

The Alphas:
+ They showed up
- I have never seen a team all wear different outfits and I now know why--it doesn't look good on stage

The AKAs:
+ I think they stepped their azzes off
- Like other step shows, I presume the judges were Greek. If so, you'll never win when you diss other orgs

The Kappas:
+ Cleanest Kappa show I think I've EVER seen! I thought they did a great job. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I saw a single cane drop! They also had a very good attitude about not winning.
- Can't think of anything

The Omegas:
+ Good job--not great, but good. Their style is so different from every other org. that a lot of people don't know how to take it. I personally love the way they hop/march--it's so manly and sexy to me.
- Their attitude about now winning.

The SORORS:
+ Good--not great.
- I was concerned about the shoes they were wearing--they don't look like they offer much support

The Sigmas:
+ It was good but honestly, it was like every other Sigma show I see. I'm not trying to be mean but every show I see looks like they use the same steps. But, I see Sigmas win a lot so they must be doing something right.
- That dude, Ike. I was tired of hearing him

The Zetas:
+ The intro was very good! Very energetic
- The actual stepping wasn't all that great, to me. And I was about the tribute to the Ques

The SGRhos:
+ Good--not great--stepping
- The Star Trek Super Hero outfits with pull-on knee boots doesn't translate well as step show outfits

In my honest opinion, the Kappas and AKAs should've won. But I was very glad to see actual stepping. Lots of shows I go to offer little more than smoke & mirrors--lots of dancing, skits and other nonrelevant isht.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Is this coming on again?