GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,396
0 members and 1,396 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2020, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Praying for your niece and her family, Cheerio.

True and Constant
Old 10-10-2020, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much to all who kindly responded. There is some brief but good news: my niece in Mexico is fine. They have no power, but they are surviving. I know they stocked up on water, etc prior to Hurricane Delta's direct hit. Hope to keep hearing positives when she is again able to connect.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Today our National VP informed all brothers that he's been "battling a cancer" for the past 6y and now needs chemo treatment for a new blood disorder. He also said he will not assume the role of President at our July convention. (We do not vote for a President, VP yes. Our VP becomes the President at the following convention, unless there is a candidate nominated from the floor and wins). Prayers to my brother.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Today our National VP informed all brothers that he's been "battling a cancer" for the past 6y and now needs chemo treatment for a new blood disorder. He also said he will not assume the role of President at our July convention. (We do not vote for a President, VP yes. Our VP becomes the President at the following convention, unless there is a candidate nominated from the floor and wins). Prayers to my brother.
Prayers for your brother.

True and Constant
Old 05-21-2023, 11:43 PM

My husband has tested positive for COVID. I've tested negative.

We're sleeping in separate bedrooms, and masking up in our own home. My in-laws were visiting for the weekend - and they pretty much burned rubber driving away.

If y'all are the praying type - I'm a cancer survivor, husband is COVID positive, FIL is 80 and asthmatic, and MIL is 76.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post

We're sleeping in separate bedrooms, and masking up in our own home. My in-laws were visiting for the weekend - and they pretty much burned rubber driving away.

If y'all are the praying type - I'm a cancer survivor, husband is COVID positive, FIL is 80 and asthmatic, and MIL is 76.
Prayers for your family.

True and Constant
Old 05-22-2023, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Around July 2020, I became convinced I wouldn't survive COVID. I was very depressed and wrote up a sheet for my kids titled "If I die" with all the things they needed to know. Then vaccines came and I got vaccinated right away. With emphysema AND being on immunosuppressants for my Crohn's Disease, I was still pretty anxious about getting COVID. I was still masking long after others stopped wearing them. I'd had my 6 vaccines (3 initial doses, 2 regular boosters then the bivalent booster) when I got COVID. I started on Paxlovid on the day I tested positive. It was very mild and within days I was testing negative. Then several days after the Paxlovid ended, I got the rebound that some get. I was pretty sick. There were a couple days my cough was scaring me but my pulse ox was still above 95. I got up and marched in place for several minutes every hour that I was awake. I sat up instead of laying down. I took Airborne gummies every day and continued my usual doses of Vitamin D3. I was fine about a week. I did lose some lung functioning but went to pulmonary rehab and got it back.

I say all this not to scare you, but to try to reassure you. I had so many high risk factors but I did everything I could and it worked out ok. I've had friends whose 80+ year old parents with multiple risk factors got it after being vaccinated and they took Paxlovid and they were ok without hospitalization. I know you've been really careful because I sent you masks early on! I hope that you don't get it, but if you do, get the Paxlovid and don't lay flat on your back and do everything you can to help your immune system fight it.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:17 PM

Thank you for the prayers.

Things have unfortunately gotten worse. I tested positive this morning. I got onto Paxlovid right away, but I still feel like something the cat dragged in (no surprise since I've only taken one dose so far).

The in-laws have also tested positive. FIL also has developed pneumonia, so he's in the hospital. MIL tells me that he's not in the ICU and she feels he's in good hands. Meantime, she's having kittens.

My husband and I were going to sing in a concert this weekend (Mozart Requiem and Vesperae). I don't think that's happening.

Ugh
Old 05-23-2023, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Then you sing the Requiem by yourselves at home! Benedictus--qui venit!

God bless y'all, Covid can be very hard.

Last edited by carnation; 05-24-2023 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you for the prayers.

Things have unfortunately gotten worse. I tested positive this morning. I got onto Paxlovid right away, but I still feel like something the cat dragged in (no surprise since I've only taken one dose so far).

The in-laws have also tested positive. FIL also has developed pneumonia, so he's in the hospital. MIL tells me that he's not in the ICU and she feels he's in good hands. Meantime, she's having kittens.

My husband and I were going to sing in a concert this weekend (Mozart Requiem and Vesperae). I don't think that's happening.

Ugh

Prayers for your recovery as well as your family members.