GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 970
1 members and 969 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2013, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad you found your home
Old 08-21-2013, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to Alpha Gam, glad to have you in our sisterhood! Hope you have a wonderful new member period!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
The girl on the phone introduced herself as the recruitment chair of…Mr. Collins. They wanted me to come to their bid day! I was still really unsure, but decided to go. I met the girls but told them I would go home and think about it, and they were very understanding. Was this really the place for me? With the help of some of my rec letter ladies and my father, who helped me see past the recruitment bubble of top houses, pretty faces, and general fakeness, I went to Mr. Collin’s bid day party and formally accepted my bid.
I love this part about how you made your decision. I was in a similar position last year. Recruitment is so overwhelming and it's easy to get caught up in reputations and PNM gossip, but in the end we all end up where we belong! Congratulations!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Got a little misty eyed at the conclusion of your story! A win-win situation if ever there was one. Congratulations.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Update Message!

Going through recruitment this year on the other side was amazing. I obviously felt that I belonged prior to work week, but I truly got to know the ins and outs of older members as well as some girls in my own pc. We had to make a lot of changes based on things that happened throughout the year (if you know my chapter then you understand ) but we got such a great pledge class! I'm so excited for our new members, and to get my own little, or possibly even twins. There are so many things my chapter has to look forward too and I'm so blessed to be a part of this organization. Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I think this is one of of the things people don't talk about as much. I don't think I TRULY loved my chapter and sisters until work week. Staying up until 2 AM trying to get the $#%$#%$# streamers to hang right really helps you know your sisters more than anything else ever will. (Plus it's where I got to meet a lot of the girls who weren't in my "fam" or general group--girls who eventually became very good friends)
Old 09-23-2014, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally agree with the above, and thanks for updating us. Yours was one of the very memorable stories for me last year and I am so glad you and your chapter are doing well.

For me, the true gift of my first work week and rush on "the other side" was a deep and abiding sense of how lucky I was to receive my bid and how much I appreciated my opportunity to be a member of my sorority. Hours of studying overhead projection images of photos, rush applications, opinions on girls, recs, recaps of parties, seeing how many really stellar girls walked through our doors, made me shift my POV from "they were lucky to get me" to "I am lucky they wanted me."

Enjoy your new members!!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
"Perhaps, if I have very good luck, I may meet with another Mr Collins"

I LOVE your theme, and am so happy you chose to give Alpha Gamma Delta a chance, and that you updated us to let us know how how well it worked for you.

And I totally agree with the women above who say how surviving work week and Formal Recruitment on the "other side" brings a new appreciation for one's org.

I will leave you with an Emma quote, which I have on a pendant and try to remember.
"Where shall we see a better daughter, or a kinder sister, or a truer friend?"

TEII
Old 09-24-2014, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

yay Alpha Gam!!

So happy you've come to love Alpha Gam and your chapter =)
Would you be willing to PM me your chapter?? I love knowing where our sisters are at
Old 09-28-2014, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a great story, and reminds me a bit of my own recruitment. I thought I wanted a "top house" but things ended up working out in the end.