GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,516
3 members and 2,513 guests
babobygooglet93, SilverTurtle

Old 08-30-2000, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Followers.com gets negative review

I went to this web sight and was...I can't tell you what I was, but it wasn't a good feeling. Then I read these messages from these confused kids who are now scared off the greek system because of places on the web like this.
Can I just ask why all the focus on greeks? Why not football teams, or...hello, THE RUGBY team - which I can honestly say hazes far worse than anything I have ever seen. Or the Frisbee team for crying out loud.
I just really feel back for all those perspective greeks out there who stumble across this site....What do you all think?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-30-2000, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

BCNUQT - I am right behind you. This is pathetic!!! I just posted my opinions on that site's message board --- it's the one at 21:28 on Aug. 30.

I think you should all do the same if you feel strongly about defending the Greek community!
Old 08-30-2000, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

AMEN SISTER on the rugby team!!!

they haze worse than any greeks on this campus ever could...and get away with it because they don't wear greek letters on thier shirts saying "watch out for me, i might haze!"

i went to that site and was so angry that people could have SUCH close-minded views about the greek system. hazing happens everywhere: in the military, on sports teams, in MARCHING BAND *trust me on this one* and yes, in greek organizations. greeks are just the ones who get flamed for it. now, what can we do about this? instead of pointing the finger and saying "it's not just us, guys!", what else could we do? positive attention is great, but everyone knows it's the negative attention that gets the most press.

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos