GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,436
2 members and 1,434 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
That's why MacRumors... But seriously--before you buy an Apple product you should check this; otherwise you'll get a nasty surprise when they roll out a far superior version of the product two weeks after you bought yours. I learned my lesson when I bought my first Mac in 2003.
Or you can just refer to a calender. Apple traditionally refreshes (updates) their product line every year so if that iWhatever you plan on buying has been out for 10 months already you might as well just wait.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

So hooked on Amazing Race, watching all seasons now. How did I never see this before?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
iWhatever you plan on buying
iChuckled.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
So hooked on Amazing Race, watching all seasons now. How did I never see this before?
Welcome to the GC TAR fan club!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Rant... I wish I had $5 bucks for every overweight dog and cat I saw today. It was like fat patient after fat patient. I just really believe that owners need to know the pet before buying one. I mean, they should at least have a basic understanding of what pet foods are all about. It's just that it helps to know what dogs and cats are supposed to eat, what they used to be fed, and how modern science determines what they are fed now. I mean, the thing with animal physiology is that all animals (including humans), have similar nutrient requirements despite their diversity in size, shape, ecological niche, and dietary habits. I wish a lot of my clients understood this. It would make my job a lot easier, and it would save them a lot of time and money.

....End rant
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Welcome to the GC TAR fan club!
LOL thanks, that show is amazing!
In the middle of season 2 now.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

If we all got out of class hours ago, why are we all here? #library

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Eating grapefruit and playing on the Word Association thread = priceless.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
That's why MacRumors... But seriously--before you buy an Apple product you should check this; otherwise you'll get a nasty surprise when they roll out a far superior version of the product two weeks after you bought yours. I learned my lesson when I bought my first Mac in 2003.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Or you can just refer to a calender. Apple traditionally refreshes (updates) their product line every year so if that iWhatever you plan on buying has been out for 10 months already you might as well just wait.
and sometimes be prepared to skip a year if you like updating devices...
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of...Bobby Christina gets everything. Just think of how much more it would have been worth if some of Whitney's biggest hits weren't pretty much covers of other recordings

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/...obbi-kristina/
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Something else to consider that one of my co workers brought up. Both of us wonder when the Sparkle remake comes out, will it get a spike (regardless of how the movie is overall) due simply to her death.

I think a similar question was raised with Heath Ledger's death and Batman Returns being as successful as it was.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
The downside losing weight...nothing fits!!!!!!!!!!!

I put my favorite jeans in the dryer thinking it would shrink them up a bit...well I forgot they would shrink all over. Now they're a bit too short for my liking. CURSES!!!!!!!

Last edited by lovespink88; 03-08-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
I get it....it just floated over their head. Either way, people who just got the iPad 2 during the holidays afterwards may be slightly pissed that they got their device so close to a new release.
Maybe. I've got an iPad2, and I didn't see anything in the release that made me salivate or have regrets. This sounds more like some tweaking than like a truly superior product. I mean, I have no problems with the picture quality or the wifi speed now.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Something else to consider that one of my co workers brought up. Both of us wonder when the Sparkle remake comes out, will it get a spike (regardless of how the movie is overall) due simply to her death.
I think it definitely will spike interest. I may/may not have gone to see it otherwise, but with it now being WH's last performance, it's sorta must-see for those who appreciated her talent.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Maybe. I've got an iPad2, and I didn't see anything in the release that made me salivate or have regrets. This sounds more like some tweaking than like a truly superior product. I mean, I have no problems with the picture quality or the wifi speed now.
Apple wouldn't be apple if they came out with a 'superior' product.