GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 860
2 members and 858 guests
g41965, Sarak24034

Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

You aren't paying "all this money" to make friends -- you're paying it to do things that cost money. If a friend and I go out to dinner at McDonalds, and I pay $6 for my meal, am I paying for that friend? A Greek org is no different -- what you're paying pretty much is there to cover the things you use and/ or consume.

As for making friends... most people are looking to expand their social base, not keep to the few friends they already have. It sounds like you're being shy, and that you need to use this experience to grow socially and to take the initiative to go out and meet some people. It might take a little bit of effort, but I promise that you will make more friends eventually.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_House View Post
You aren't paying "all this money" to make friends -- you're paying it to do things that cost money. If a friend and I go out to dinner at McDonalds, and I pay $6 for my meal, am I paying for that friend? A Greek org is no different -- what you're paying pretty much is there to cover the things you use and/ or consume.

Because of this, you should take advantage of the "free" events sorority life offers to you. Sisterhood trip to a mall 20 minutes away? The sorority (from your dues) is paying for the transportation. That awesome date party happening next month? Yup, that came out of your dues. Take advantage of these events and use them as opportunities to forge new friendships within the chapter!