GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 992
0 members and 992 guests
No Members online

Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation University policy Vs. Chapter policy Pt. II (Summerchild)

To Summerchild.. I said my wife follows me not to be interpreted in a negetive way. When someone is in the military your spouse tends to follow you where ever the military sends you. And by her FOLLOWING me where I go.. the military is paying for 100% of her degree. I just found this website looking for information that might help her. Instead I'm getting this craziness. For those who gave me suggestions on how I can help her and how she can help herself; I thank you. But if anyone has anything negetive to say about a man helping his wife the best way he knows how while he's deployed in Iraq then GOD bless you anyway. The world has two types of people.. those who grow and those that choose to stay little in the mind and criticize everyone else. Are you a feminist or something?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Unregistered-

Ay yi yi.

If a thread was closed by the moderator, in most cases it's for good reason...and the last thing one should do is start another thread addressing the last reply in said closed thread.

(Because I'm 100% sure this thread will get locked too)
Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

oK..Closing thread...?

I gotcha' I just wanted to help her that all. But I wonder why it was closed? Did I do something wrong? Anyway, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN....
Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgb_dp View Post
I gotcha' I just wanted to help her that all. But I wonder why it was closed? Did I do something wrong? Anyway, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN....
No, you didnt do anything wrong, it's because stupid people got offended at your "following me around" comment. Which they SHOULDNT HAVE, if they had paid attention to the word "military" and realized "ohh....that's why she follows him." Instead, they got all pissy with you because your wife "follows you around".

Lame...

Thank you for serving. (btw, I'm prior navy)
Old 01-12-2007, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It didn't get locked because of the "following around" comment. That's not what was "wrong" with the thead. That was just an afterthought. SHEESH.

It got locked because NPHC GLOS DO NOT discuss ANYTHING related to membership on GC. Period.

And creating another thread so you can have the last word? That's lame.

ETA: Is James even around anymore TO lock this thread?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgb_dp View Post
To Summerchild.. I said my wife follows me not to be interpreted in a negetive way. When someone is in the military your spouse tends to follow you where ever the military sends you. And by her FOLLOWING me where I go.. the military is paying for 100% of her degree. I just found this website looking for information that might help her. Instead I'm getting this craziness. For those who gave me suggestions on how I can help her and how she can help herself; I thank you. But if anyone has anything negetive to say about a man helping his wife the best way he knows how while he's deployed in Iraq then GOD bless you anyway. The world has two types of people.. those who grow and those that choose to stay little in the mind and criticize everyone else. Are you a feminist or something?

Clearly you don't know the definition of a feminist.

YOur thread was locked because it was inappropriate. It clearly states in the AKA forum that membership WILL NOT be discussed. Additionally, you somehow feel it is your duty to take up your wife's cause, which is also inappropriate. If she wants to pursue membership, she needs to do that on her own.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilance1922 View Post
Clearly you don't know the definition of a feminist.

YOur thread was locked because it was inappropriate. It clearly states in the AKA forum that membership WILL NOT be discussed. Additionally, you somehow feel it is your duty to take up your wife's cause, which is also inappropriate. If she wants to pursue membership, she needs to do that on her own.
Haha, Yeah I agree with you.. Well said.