GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,332
0 members and 1,332 guests
No Members online

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
In addition to ΙΑΠ changing their badge, ΔΦΕ also changed their badge to add the scroll at the bottom when they joined NPC.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

I often wondered why some of the Iota Alpha Pi pins had the little flourishes on them and others didn't. I love the historical information that is uncovered on this thread, just as much as the bling!

Not a pin, but I found a pair of earrings I had bought years ago, and frankly, spent too much on them. They're an icy azure blue rectangle, with diamond with (diamond dust? diamonte? I know it's not CZ - honeychile is allergic to CZ!) on them. I can no longer wear earrings, for many reasons, including that the hole in my one ear has closed. I'm seriously thinking of making one of them into a necklace. I'll take a picture tomorrow, and post it for your approval.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Just one more picture from me for the topic of enamel . My first picture did not show off the blue enamel on our badge very well, so here is the version I took using the flash on my camera. It really shows off the blue. For jewels, the only stone option we have (based on what I have seen offered on HJGreek) is sapphires. I am not sure if there is an official restriction on stones though. The only other stone option I have seen is diamonds for the IEB President, although the other members of the IEB might have another stone option available.

Of course, we are not an NPC group but I just wanted to share.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dolphin Tale View Post
Just one more picture from me for the topic of enamel . My first picture did not show off the blue enamel on our badge very well, so here is the version I took using the flash on my camera. It really shows off the blue. For jewels, the only stone option we have (based on what I have seen offered on HJGreek) is sapphires. I am not sure if there is an official restriction on stones though. The only other stone option I have seen is diamonds for the IEB President, although the other members of the IEB might have another stone option available.

Of course, we are not an NPC group but I just wanted to share.

thanks for sharing!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 12-10-2014, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's a picture of the badges that the new members in my chapter ordered! It's kind of fun to see so many badges together at once.

[IMG]IMG_2632 by greenteagirl23, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by greenteagirl; 12-10-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: I couldn't get the photo to load- sorry it's so weird
Old 12-10-2014, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteagirl View Post
Here's a picture of the badges that the new members in my chapter ordered! It's kind of fun to see so many badges together at once.

[IMG]IMG_2632 by greenteagirl23, on Flickr[/IMG]
is it just the lighting, or are the silver ones much more defined in the cut outs than the gold ones?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

The silver ones are definitely more defined in the cut outs than the gold ones. I was surprised to see the difference!
Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The silver ones are definitely more defined in the cut outs than the gold ones. I was surprised to see the difference!
How weird! I wonder why HJ does that? I'd be really disappointed with the gold one if I saw how nice the silver ones look.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-10-2014, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

It's definitely strange! Here's picture of the two types side-by-side. The silver one has pearls, but it's cut out the same way the plain silver badges are. The gold badge's enamel is also a lot redder than the silver badge's enamel.

image by greenteagirl23, on Flickr

Last edited by greenteagirl; 12-10-2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: i have difficulty with photos!
Old 12-11-2014, 06:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's definitely strange! Here's picture of the two types side-by-side. The silver one has pearls, but it's cut out the same way the plain silver badges are. The gold badge's enamel is also a lot redder than the silver badge's enamel.

image by greenteagirl23, on Flickr
I saw all the fairly new gold ones when I was at UMass initiation. I wasn't impressed. I assumed that all new badges were like that. I don't really like the enamel in either as much as the older shimmery enamel. The silver one looks like it is much higher quality than the gold one. So weird, I would think it would be the same mold.

*OMG -GTG, I never sent you that chapter guard..... Crap. Where did I put it.... Hopefully I will find and send to you before the holidays!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

It's like they were produced by different companies! I wonder if the silver ones are leftovers from their old process and the gold ones are what future badges will look like. I know sometimes they keep stockpiles of badges.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

The gold badge in the picture is actually one I rescued that dates from 1993 and the silver one is a 2013 badge. I went and compared the gold one to my friend's badge from 2013, and they're designed exactly the same. The silver one definitely looks more striking, in my opinion.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
is it just the lighting, or are the silver ones much more defined in the cut outs than the gold ones?
I really like the way the silver ones look, I may have to order another badge myself!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The gold badge in the picture is actually one I rescued that dates from 1993 and the silver one is a 2013 badge. I went and compared the gold one to my friend's badge from 2013, and they're designed exactly the same. The silver one definitely looks more striking, in my opinion.
My 1993 badge is the twin of yours - I'm the original owner, though! The silver badge is gorgeous - I definitely want one!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I knew that the gold badge looked funny. That damn orangey 90's enamel....