GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,298
1 members and 1,297 guests
speedsters

Old 09-12-2018, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I am DYING at this story. You are an angel of a mother for helping her with all this.

I'm curious - and if this is too personal, please feel free not to answer - did your twins have twin-to-twin transfusion? I had identical twin boys (4.5 now so a long way to go before they consider going Greek) and this was something I was monitored for.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaXi_Husky View Post
I am DYING at this story. You are an angel of a mother for helping her with all this.

I'm curious - and if this is too personal, please feel free not to answer - did your twins have twin-to-twin transfusion? I had identical twin boys (4.5 now so a long way to go before they consider going Greek) and this was something I was monitored for.
No, I didn’t know I was having twins until DD3 appeared in all of her near death glory. The ultrasound techs never counted her heartbeat because it was so weak and it was assumed that it was DD4’s. DD3 also was thought to be stillborn until she decided to start screeching when she was born. It was a mistake on the doctor’s part but I’ve never been so grateful to have a daughter in my arms. Congrats on your sons! I have many myself!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post

Grandma and I hit the BBQ so hard that the seam of my pants split.

I seriously just had diet coke come out of my nose.
I’ve always been a bit too thin and when I saw my husband after that trip, he told me that I was glowing. My secret? I gained 15 pounds!

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota_JWH View Post
Has DD4 ever read Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"? Sometimes the absolute perfect match gives off not so perfect first impressions!

This is a really fun recruitment story to read, I am hoping for an epiphany...
DD3 had her Jane Austen phase and I got so sick of seeing Mr. Darcy (NOT the Colin Firth Mr. Darcy) that I banned Mr. Farcey from the house.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

TriDDDeltagirl, your stories are so juicy that I've re-read them a few times just to keep laughing. This is better than the most compelling novel out there - truly. You have me (and I think others) literally on our toes waiting for the next installment. I really can't wait to see how this continues to go and how it ended as well!
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
TriDDDeltagirl, your stories are so juicy that I've re-read them a few times just to keep laughing. This is better than the most compelling novel out there - truly. You have me (and I think others) literally on our toes waiting for the next installment. I really can't wait to see how this continues to go and how it ended as well!
I just finished reading Lisa Patton's Rush (and loved it). This is better. I'm still chuckling over the "didn’t have different lengths of fingers", "Tacky McDonald's colors" and my favorite "She didn’t meet any of the girls and STILL managed to have a bad opinion on women she’d never even met."
Old 09-12-2018, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm guessing Grandma's round one questions fell on deaf ears.

I live close enough to Tuscaloosa that I see "Old Row" shirts pop up at the nail salon, the mall. They annoy me, because at my own school, my sorority's chapter, at 54 years old is one of the "new ones".

That said, this story is excellent. More!!!!

Old 09-12-2018, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm laughing because my daughter also made comments while going through about colors and hand signs! I kept shaking my head and telling her that this stuff REALLY doesn't matter...silly girls!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

This may be my favorite rush thread ever! BTW, I now have a soft spot for DD3 since I was 2 lbs and 4 oz when I was born. <3

PS: I want to hang out with grandma.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

The Houses:

Nick Saban
Crimsonettes
Southern Charm
Big Al
Million Dollar Band
Crimson and White
Tuscaloosa
Crimson Tide
Homecoming
Football Season
Houndstooth

Grandma and I left DD4 to her own devices. I refused to wake up at 3 am and Grandma decided that DD4 should be alone for a the next few nights and have freedom before college started. I think this was just a scam so she wouldn’t have to sleep on DD4’s sofa but I appreciated it immensely because I was camped out on the floor. Grandma and I took off our letters, took out the liquor, and started on our high calorie food tour of Tuscaloosa. If DD4 wasn’t going to enjoy herself, I was. I tossed my food diary in the trash, took off my high heels, and found myself going back to Walmart for another frozen cheesecake, hot wings, and frozen margarita mix at 2 am wearing crocs, leggings, and a baggy shirt. Did I care? No, but I picked up tums heartburn tablets because I’m getting older and I like to avoid any repercussions after I have spicy food.

Nick Saban:
DD4 went for hating them because they weren’t southern enough to loving them because their house was painted a tacky color. Grandma and I were in the Taco Bell drive through as she started her tirade, Nick Saban hadn’t lit her fire because their biggest chapter happens to be at Alabama (like every other house here, I’m sure) and they’re not popular enough for her on a national level.

Crimsonettes:
What can I say? She loved them. She loved their big teeth and big curls and how they talked with southern accents, she also completely ignored the fact that they’re not popular out of the south because apparently “being popular at Bama is all that matters”, I love my daughter but her hypocrisy left me stunned at times.

Southern Charm:
“Why did they ask me back? Mom, why did they do this to me? I thought it was a mutual dislike.” DD4 complained. She also didn’t like how the lawn was cut and so I asked her if she’d like me to run down to the local John Deere store so she could make sure that the lawn was manicured to her perfect sky high standards.

Big Al:
DD4 made a few unkind jokes about the shape of the girls at Big Al and Grandma and I exchanged a look “If you’re not ready to rush this year, feel free to rush next. But saying childish things about good people won’t get you into any house or in anyone’s good graces.” was our response.

At this point, Grandma got fed up and said “The Lord Jesus Christ could float down from Heaven and proclaim you the holiest legacy south of the Mason-Dixon Line and the sororities at Alabama still wouldn’t look twice at you since your danged attitude is so awful. To be a sorority lady, you have to act like one and treat others kindly and as a result, you’ll get that bid.”

Million Dollar Band:
DD4 told us that she’d skulked again in the corner since the girls weren’t keen on forcing her to have a nice time. She’d talked to a few girls but all in all she didn’t feel any love.

Crimson and White:
Perfection. If God himself had come down from the heavens, he would’ve created this chapter. According to DD4, this is the best chapter in all of history at Alabama. With genuine girls, lovely decorations, and a lot of things that worried us all. But DD4 is stubborn. Wouldn’t hear a warning word.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
I'm guessing Grandma's round one questions fell on deaf ears.

I live close enough to Tuscaloosa that I see "Old Row" shirts pop up at the nail salon, the mall. They annoy me, because at my own school, my sorority's chapter, at 54 years old is one of the "new ones".

That said, this story is excellent. More!!!!

Grandma didn’t bother asking.

I thought old row was for older people who’d gone Greek and I was excited to see their line. I was very wrong.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post

At this point, Grandma got fed up and said “The Lord Jesus Christ could float down from Heaven and proclaim you the holiest legacy south of the Mason-Dixon Line and the sororities at Alabama still wouldn’t look twice at you since your danged attitude is so awful. To be a sorority lady, you have to act like one and treat others kindly and as a result, you’ll get that bid.”
I love Grandma so much. I may have to use this line in the future!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
I am seriously in love with Grandma!!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:59 PM

I am picturing Grandma as a slightly older Julia Sugarbaker after that last comment she made.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I am picturing Grandma as a slightly older Julia Sugarbaker after that last comment she made.
Oh yes!!!