GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,531
0 members and 2,531 guests
No Members online

Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulutnl3 View Post
About the Zetas and Sigmas, I meant being connected to Sigma Lambda Gamma and Sigma Lambda Beta.

Firm Fam = First Inter-Racially Mixed Family

NALFO = National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations

I have been a very active Zeta for nearly 19 years...and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated is not affiliated with NALFO...nor are we officially or unofficially part of ANY group called the FIRM FAM.

Please stop using the term...
Old 12-27-2009, 05:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
That sucks.
After reading FW's post, I had to come back and ask why does it suck that some Zeta Phi beta Sigmas do not say they are "bounded" to SLGB? There is no official bond same as with the Omegas and us. And there are Deltas who will not claim a relationship.

Remember for many of us old school, the reason for what "relationship" there is was not known until ISOS came out. It was instead a matter of personal preference mainly pushed by the Omegas. Shoot on some campuses the "relationship" was with the Kappas, because of the shared colors.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
After reading FW's post, I had to come back and ask why does it suck that some Zeta Phi beta Sigmas do not say they are "bounded" to SLGB? There is no official bond same as with the Omegas and us. And there are Deltas who will not claim a relationship.

Remember for many of us old school, the reason for what "relationship" there is was not known until ISOS came out. It was instead a matter of personal preference mainly pushed by the Omegas. Shoot on some campuses the "relationship" was with the Kappas, because of the shared colors.
When you said "And there are Zetas and Sigma that will dispute this," because you quoted a post that was just about the Sigmas and Zetas (not the FIRM), it looked like you were saying that there are Zetas and Sigmas who will dispute their own bond with each other.

Anyway, when my mom first met one of my Omega mentors when I was 17, he called her Soror, and she smiled but was like "wtf is he talking about?"
Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
When you said "And there are Zetas and Sigma that will dispute this," because you quoted a post that was just about the Sigmas and Zetas (not the FIRM), it looked like you were saying that there are Zetas and Sigmas who will dispute their own bond with each other.

Anyway, when my mom first met one of my Omega mentors when I was 17, he called her Soror, and she smiled but was like "wtf is he talking about?"
Oops my bad!. I did misread Knowledge's post. That's what I get for practicing speed reading-ha!. No I don't know of any ZPBS's that dispute THEIR bond.

LOL at your Mom's reaction.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb FIRM Fam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finer Woman10-A-91 View Post
I have been a very active Zeta for nearly 19 years...and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated is not affiliated with NALFO...nor are we officially or unofficially part of ANY group called the FIRM FAM.

Please stop using the term...
Soror, I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Although unofficial, some members of the 4 stated orgs do acknowledge the FIRM Fam. Where I'm from, we call them our cousins because one of their founders is indeed our brother. We have nothing but love and respect for them because of our connection. You will see this more in Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma. I believe this is due to our high concentration of Latinos, thus more Latino Orgs. It's really to each there own on this one. If you don't observe it, I understand and have no issue with your decision. For some of us, they are fam.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulutnl3 View Post
Honestly, I guess I misunderstood what I read then. I was told also that they taught you and so forth. Like I said before, where I come from Blacks and Hispanics don't usually get along so it's interesting for me to see any kind of relationships b/w GLOs from NALFO and NPHC get together in any which way. I meant no disrespect to anyone, I was just trying to understand

Which of these orgs are you in?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Which of these orgs are you in?
I am not in any of these orgs. Like I said, I have friends in these organizations, and my personal interest in this matter stems from where I have grown up. As a sociology major focusing on ethnic relations I have a private interest in matters involving African Americans and Latinos. In the area I live, So. Cal, there is a lot of racial violence and I have lost TOO many friends in fights over skin color. I plan on getting myself involved with social activism to impact how these two groups relate to each other.