GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,576
0 members and 2,576 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2000, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Post SUBWAY SERIES!!!!!

Both NY team are one game away from a Subway series. YES!!!. Of course, the Yanks will kill the Mets. My neighbors will kill me for that remark seeing that I'm deep in mets territory. Only wish the Don could be here.

------------------
的f you know anyone who got high on industrial hemp, tell the National Science Foundation and you値l get a prize for the most unlikely scientific discovery ever. George Bush痴 father was saved by a parachute made of industrial hemp."
-Ralph Nader
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-19-2000, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Let's Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!
Let's Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!

Piazza gonna get bean by the rocket!!!!
Old 10-19-2000, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Now that we are sure to have a NEW YORK ticker tape parade, I just wanted to say I bet the mets will win in 6 ... actually I have no valid reason to say this, I just want to root for the underdog :-) the Yank's need to be bought back down to reality!!!
1986 was a GREAT YEAR

[This message has been edited by LadyAKA (edited October 19, 2000).]
Old 10-24-2000, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I AM LOVING THIS SUBWAY SERIES !!!!

AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE YANKEES I WANT THE METS TO WIN THIS TIME, SO GO METS!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2000, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Much as it pains me - GO YANKS - dad's team! I am a die hard Braves fan (I said BRAVES...Not John Rocker!) but I hate the Mets. Funny story for you all ---

About 3 years ago my dad and I were in NY for a business trip and the Yanks were away, but the Mets were playing...WOW...the Braves. We were so excited. Chipper is like my fave! So there we are sitting just behind the 3rd base (lovely view of Chipper might I add) and I am the only Southern girl screaming GO BRAVES! Other than my dad I was the only Southerner! So I keep yelling and screaming, and I keep hearing this guy up behind me yelling "Shudup - Shudup" - Well the Braves were killing them and Chipper had just hit his first major league homer so I stand up and yell "When that score changes I'll stop screaming - so you shut up!" Much to my surprise I see a vendor with a tray full of drinks who had been yelling "SODA - SODA" but the accent made it sound like Shut up to me! Oh my goodness - I was SO EMBARRASSED but laughing my butt off. My poor father about melted into the seat he was so scared! But our section had a nice laugh about it and I swear it was worth seeing Chipper smile at me....okay so I made that last thing up - but he did look my way when a foul ball was hit

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 10-27-2000, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

We are the champions my friends
yada yada yada

26 World Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now if only the New York Knicks could only win one in my lifetime.

------------------
的f you know anyone who got high on industrial hemp, tell the National Science Foundation and you値l get a prize for the most unlikely scientific discovery ever. George Bush痴 father was saved by a parachute made of industrial hemp."
-Ralph Nader
Old 10-27-2000, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I had to put this one:

It's the year 2032, and Bobby Valentine is standing before the pearly gates. His only regret in life was the Mets' crushing loss to the Yankees in the Subway Series back in the year 2000. God greets Bobby and offers
a personal tour of Heaven. After showing Bobby the green forests, sparkling lakes, and plush meadows of Heaven, God brings him to a small, ramshackle house by the side of a dirt road. The house has a Mets banner in the upstairs window. "This will be your house, Bobby" God says. Bobby is a little disappointed in his accommodations, and God,
noticing but his dismay, says, "Bobby, you know most people in Heaven don't get a house at all, since you were a famous baseball manager,you do." Bobby feels a little better, but then he looks up the road,
and at the top of the hill is a gorgeous white and blue mansion, surrounded by huge green lawns and palm trees. There are expensive sports cars in the driveway, and dozens of well dressed people sipping martinis by the pool. At the top of this incredible mansion is amhuge Yankees flag atop a gold pole. "God," says Bobby, "I don't want to sound unappreciative, but why is it that Joe Torre's house is so much
nicer than mine?" "That's not Joe Torre's house," says God, "that's my house."

------------------
-Ralph Nader