GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,757
2 members and 1,755 guests
oncegreek, TLLK

Old 12-09-2003, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Question ...

Last edited by ChipHinde; 09-23-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-09-2003, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EM1843
I can't really comment on your situation because UF is so different, but I know in this house, living together brings us closer together. We all eat together here everynight, hang out, and enjoy "Fraternity" as we understand it. I think have a house is great for any chapter, and I look forward to seeing your house next time I visit.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Chip, try Brother Jon Sagaras web site, do a search on GC. Best danm site to check out Zetas. LXA Thread! If not, let me know and will get it to you!

Try greekpages.com

If wont come up on Org. try the School site and work into it!

It seems that several Schools are doing this and seems to be working!

UTn Murrefeboro built New Gigantic House and all of the Greeks are suffering to pay the bills.

USD, UHoustin, U Central Fl. William-Jewell in Mo!

A lot depends on what it will cost down the road so to speak!

Yo HULK just a HI!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd deffinately say around here it leads to rivalries, but then again UF is a VERY competitive school. There is almost no "GREEK UNITY" here, every house would stab the other in the back. Stuff gets stolen from houses all the time, but I can't imagine a world with out my house. It's all a trade off. It seems like the entire greek community dictates how greek houses get along.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

*crash*

I know there's no LXA chapter there, but San Diego State just did a project similiar to this and several fraternity brothers from there are GC members. Also, at my school, all the sororities are in duplexes right next to each other, and it doesn't appear to have caused problems - but then again, that's sororities.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

C. Mo. St U built a Octangle some time back and moved all of ther Fraternies into it.

Each had seperate living quarters but a common eating facility!

College owned and like a Dorm. Not to many happy with the situation. This is just the other side of the coin. Now, if the per bed cost is not prohibitive, then money for the Chapter can be made, maybe. If the Bed Cost is out of sight, it is a money pit , do not touch it unless forced into it! But if it is a paid by the School Facillity, and you are renting, then again that brings up a problem IF Risk Management would happen to kick in!

A lot of ifs are in place here. Can the Chapter afford it, yet, are there enough Alums who want to donate money to a New House Fund!
\
\That becomes a lot of problems there and the costs involved. Trust me, I know!

I am the one to come up with the idea to build a new House. We had one it was demolished for safety factors and that too cost money! There are a lot of other factors when you as a Chapter are trying to build a new house!
\
\Some Brothers Have Deep Pockets, some who can give over a period of time! The Money still has to be in place with the plans of a lot of things for a lending institutation to give you a loan!

I am glad to say, We have one of the best!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-11-2003, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll just let you all know what it's like here to clarify. Our dues are $800 per semester. Rent is 1295 per room, a double is half that per person. Housing corp gets 1/4 of all our money. This is how they used to pay our mortgage, which just got paid off. I hope this helps explain some of the costs...
Old 12-12-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Chip, that is so true.

Having been down to B N, I was given a tour by Jono, Keven Gilmor (Happy), and Mouse (Dan M.) Showed me the Dorm # (?), Jono can fill that in, where it was a floor of the Dorm where all of the BN Brothers stayed.

It was a hoot, Jono showed me his room and told how they had fixed it up, who partied where, and it sounded wild! and very close nit

As Matt said, at the U F, that is what they are used to there and that is the norm! It is the same way at P S U, Ks. We now have no House and that is not the norm. So from a Recruitment stand point, that puts us in a disadvantage to the others.

I know what else we have to sell, but if you look at STG (Have been there the longest with a single chapter designation), PKA, SX, LXA, and PSK, ( came back from PSE after the Merger who also had been there for a long time ). This is also in the order they came on campus.

They each in their own right hace something to sell.

This is the first time in 38 years that we have not had a House (building) for 3 Sems!

Again, a lot depends on the environment of the Greek System of the campus!

LX Z # 1
Alumni