GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,267
1 members and 1,266 guests
Cookiez17

Old 05-23-2003, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PixieChickMTSU
Angry 84 more days till rush!

Is that sad that I am counting down the days? Note I am not even in a sorority! Any other rushee's THIS excited?!

Kara

PS- I would love to know how other rushee's are preparing for rush!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
84 days is soooo soon... We have deferred rush!

84 days = less than three months!!!!! yayayayay!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I know! Less then 3 months! yayayayya! I don't think I'll be able to handle myself come Aug. hehe! j/k!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Wahoo!

Definitely excited for rush! Go Vols!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Re: 84 more days till rush!

Quote:
Originally posted by PixieChickMTSU
Is that sad that I am counting down the days? Note I am not even in a sorority! Any other rushee's THIS excited?!

Kara

PS- I would love to know how other rushee's are preparing for rush!
well, for one thing, i am still looking for some recs =) i'm not stressing about it, though, because i have a few already and i am sure i will get a few more. i've met with a couple alums/active members and they've given me the lowdown of their rush experience and assured me that, at least for them, it was worth it in the end. i'm working, too, so i can save money and have at least a couple of extra-special-cute-make-me-feel-absolutely-beautiful outfits. rush for me starts august 16. i am really having to put a lot more energy into preparing than i thought i would have to, but that's because i obviously had no idea what i was doing before this. i'm also trying to think of ways to "break the news" to my anti-greek parents and friends. TOO BAD FOR THEM THOUGH, because i'd rather be in a strong sisterhood than doing cocaine/other random drugs...which is what many of my closest friends are caught up in. we're always gonna be friends, but i'm making my choices wiser and more beneficial! good luck with y'all, too!
Old 05-23-2003, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

i am overjoyed. wait scratch that, words cannot express the feeling!
Old 05-24-2003, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

PNMs like yall are a dream! There's nothing worse than a girl who doesnt want to go through recruitment but is doing it anyway for a number of reasons. Girls that are really excited are so easy to talk to! Good luck to all! It really is fun!
Old 05-24-2003, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Yaya! I am glad to see there are soo many excited girls! Yes, I do hope the chapters at our schools will be able to see our excitment....girls that are going through rush- have you made out a rush book?

GOOD LUCK!
KARA
Old 05-24-2003, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

what's a rush book?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

What I mean by the rush book is...just doing your homework when it comes to sororities. So I don't get confused with each sorority and so I will know some background before going through, I have just made out pages for the different sororities and put some facts about each. Also, I have written out questions that would be good to ask during rush. I probably didn't need to write those down because I already ask 10 million questions about everything anyways.....
Old 05-24-2003, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

At UTK, you will be given a rush handbook the first day. Besides general information about sororities, it will have a page or two devoted to each one, with facts about the organization and pictures of members being sisters and having fun. I urge rushees to carry this in their purses to each party, and as soon as you leave each party, make notes on the appropriate pages -- names of actives you spoke to, theme of party, beverage served, even the color of the couches -- anything to help you remember each chapter. ("I spoke to that really nice girl at the place with the salmon-colored couches. Let me check my notes ... oh, of course, that was ABC.") With 15 chapters, even if you have a really good memory, everything starts to blur together about halfway through.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerStar Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerStar
okay i thought I WAS EXITED but yall are pretty exited too. i get so exited like...electric when i hear the word sorority or if i hear a greek letter or anything. i already think about rush and what its gonna be like and i'm just a senior. i wish i could rush now. i totally agree about being part of a strong sisterhood instead of being involved with drugs. i think that sisterhood is an awesome "anti-drug". when some of my friends go out and party or do drugs i just take a second to think about where i want to go in life and mainly about joining a sorority and giving myself high standards. hmm...maybe i'm just weird like that.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, since my roommates think I'm insane for going through recruitment, and my mother keeps giving me a blank look when I bring it up, I'm keeping a journal. I've written out questions, names of girls I know so that I won't foget them, outfits I plan to wear, things I need to do, what recs I already have, which I need to get, etc etc. Mainly I'm doing it to keep sane while I'm waiting. I'm really logical and goal driven, so it helps me if I write everything down and reason it out on paper. So far, every entry begns with: "You're a junior. Don't get your feelings hurt when chapters cut you for that reason."
Old 05-24-2003, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad to see that you all are so excited about recruitment - especially the MTSU ladies!!! (I'm an alumna from MTSU )
Good Luck!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Yall are so cute! I remember that last summer I was just as excited as you are. I should go dig up my diary from last summer and see if I have any good pre-rush entries.