GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,178
0 members and 2,178 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2005, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tinydancer
When is my Toastie going to get here??
That Bermuda Pink is way too cute. I may have to get one of those too.
You've created a monster!!
You ordered the Chocolat, right? That's perfect for a Gamma Phi!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-04-2005, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, my Toastie-to-be is Chocolat! And now I think I need a pink bag - have not decided which one - so I can keep up with the pink people!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, my Toastie-to-be is Chocolat! And now I think I need a pink bag - have not decided which one - so I can keep up with the pink people!
I have a Pink Pansy Molly that I love.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 PM

OK, I have to know.

Do any of you Veraholics have the curling iron cover?

I know that curling irons aren't used with as much, umm, zeal as they used to be...so I'm guessing in some cases it might be superfluous.

I have a feeling though, that if these WOULD have been around back in the day, every single member of XYZ (Ali, Ziggy & Jess know who) on my campus would have had a different one for every day of the week.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
SHERBET.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
OK, I have to know.

Do any of you Veraholics have the curling iron cover?

I know that curling irons aren't used with as much, umm, zeal as they used to be...so I'm guessing in some cases it might be superfluous.

I have a feeling though, that if these WOULD have been around back in the day, every single member of XYZ (Ali, Ziggy & Jess know who) on my campus would have had a different one for every day of the week.
actually, I do. I didn't get it (in apple green, might I add) to use every day, but to use with my lugagge. If I am packing a duffel for over night or the weekend, or for an early AM workout before work, instead of taking both bags, I try to put everything into one. I use the cover over my curling brush/straighting thing to keep it from picking sweaters or shirts. My brush has picked several things and this has kept it from doing so. It matches the rest of my stuff and does the job...even though I have some friends who laugh at me when I pull it out!

Last edited by AWJDZ; 01-05-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG I hate y'all.

I'm actually thinking of getting a job, just so my handbag budget will be bigger. And those who know me KNOW how much I hate work.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
Quote:
Originally posted by AWJDZ
actually, I do. I didn't get it (in apple green, might I add) to use every day, but to use with my lugagge. If I am packing a duffel for over night or the weekend,or for an early AM workout before work, instead of taking both bags, I try to put everything into one. I use the cover over my curling brush/straighting thing to keep it from picking sweaters or shirts. My brush has picked several things and this has kept it from doing so. It matches the rest of my stuff and does the job...even though I have some friends who laugh at me when I pull it out!
ok..i tried to edit my typing and ended up resubmitting the post...ughhh..

oh well, I'll ask a question since i am here...

How silly would it be to have my vera monogramed? I am 26, not getting married any time soon (unless someone send Prince Charming my way) but I am not planning on keeping these initals FOREVER, but i would like to keep and use my vera as long as possible. One of my students had the backpack in apple green and her monogram in that blueish color. She uses it as her gym bag and it is tooo cute

Last edited by AWJDZ; 01-05-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AWJDZ
ok..i tried to edit my typing and ended up resubmitting the post...ughhh..

oh well, I'll ask a question since i am here...

How silly would it be to have my vera monogramed? I am 26, not getting married any time soon (unless someone send Prince Charming my way) but I am not planning on keeping these initals FOREVER, but i would like to keep and use my vera as long as possible. One of my students had the backpack in apple green and her monogram in that blueish color. She uses it as her gym bag and it is tooo cute
I have a lot of things monogrammed...I think even if you do get married somewhere down the road, they're still your initials and it wouldn't be that strange to still carry it. You can always have the embroidery pulled out and redone when you change your name as well.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:28 AM

My ZTA big got me one for Hanukkah (just got it in the mail yesterday....damn FedEx). It's the one that has the bees on it. I feel bad because I'm not really a fan of VB bags. <ducks from the flames> I feel like they're something my grandma can sew together for a lot cheaper. Oh well. Of course, I told my big how much I love it because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I'll probably just use it as a beach bag since she got me the tote bag.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL you guys. I don't have a curling iron cover (or a curling iron for that matter) but I wonder if you could use it to cover OTHER THINGS. LOL. It seems about the right size, no?
Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
LOL you guys. I don't have a curling iron cover (or a curling iron for that matter) but I wonder if you could use it to cover OTHER THINGS. LOL. It seems about the right size, no?
oh my
Old 01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
INDEED.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412
INDEED.
Even Vera needs to keep up with the times.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you two are talking about the spatula you use in the kitchen to make pies for your husbands.