GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,097
2 members and 1,095 guests
Sarak24034, zsamulpitt5293

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2019, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsAreBlue View Post
As somebody who went through no-frills rush before no frills was a thing (small school, didn't have these big budgets), I have to ask. Before "no frills" existed, did you really get a chance to connect with women, if you were so busy with skits and crafts, etc.? I'm genuinely curious.

In my rush, I was simply brought around to have as many conversations as I could. There was a 5 presentation about our philanthropy and maybe a 5 minute video with photos and music to show the sisterhood, but other than that it was all conversation. Except for pref, obviously.

As for clothes, we were dictated down to the shoes. I remember there once being a HUGE argument about brown vs. black with a navy shirt.
Of course we connected with the women amongst the flowers and pageantry. I don't think the meaning of "why" we were there was ever lost. I met many women (who did not pledge my sorority) who ended up being close friends or best friends during recruitment. For me it's about the people. People like people. I can find a connection though with just about anyone. But honestly, I think the decorations just added more work for everyone involved with recruitment back in the day. Were the decorations over the top and amazing??? Of course! Were the skits fabulous, funny, and interesting???? Of course! But in the long run it was more work for collegians, alumnae, and parents. But I can honestly say, I felt the sisterhood and love of my chapter amongst the overabundance of red roses and other decorations.