GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 990
1 members and 989 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 08-27-2000, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Commuter rushee

I was just wondering are there any greeks who were commuters when they rushed? And if they did and were successful, how hard was it? Thanks
Old 08-28-2000, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
My entire college was communter when I pledged and there were no Greek houses let alone dorms. Being a commuter shouldn't affect you adversely in any way.

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.
Tallahassee Area Alumnae of ZTA
Tallahassee Alumnae Panhellenic & Sorority Recruitment FAQ
Old 08-28-2000, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Being a commuter, depending on how far you're traveling to get to greek events, is pretty common. I must say this - the women in my sorority who did commute really had to make an effort to be at functions, and we applaud them - one sister, Karen, drove over 25 miles every Sunday night to make points. But Karen loved it, and we loved her, so she made it work. Like I said, it all depends on how far you live from campus - you have to decide ahead of time if driving to and from is going to get the best of your involvement - putting the time and money into becoming a sister shouldn't become a hassle in the long run because you get sick of carting yourself around. And it might. So you have to decide now if you'll stick with it, good days and bad; traffic or not. I'm from Minnesota, so Karen had her work cut out for her, especially in the winter! And it turns out that it did get to be too much for her - Karen went inactive her second year. Don't let that happen to you!

[This message has been edited by BCNUQT (edited August 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by BCNUQT (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 08-28-2000, 02:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Talking

When I went through Rush I was a commuter (and still am to this day), and it made no difference whatsoever. UBC is about 50/50 with commuters and people who live in res. Both parties have good reasons for wanting to join,; my friends who lived in res didn't know anyone and wanted to meet new people. Girls, like myself, who commuted, would come onto campus in the morning go to class and go home. So joining a sorority was a good way for us commuters to get involved with campus life.