GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,358
1 members and 1,357 guests
John

Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Survivor: One World

The cast of Survivor: One World was announced. Monica Culpepper is a former Zeta President and University of Florida Homecoming Queen. Her hubby is a former Gator and NFL football player.

Are there any other greeks?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaangel5 View Post
The cast of Survivor: One World was announced. Monica Culpepper is a former Zeta President and University of Florida Homecoming Queen. Her hubby is a former Gator and NFL football player.

Don't know about that, but the tribes well be single-sex -- one male and one female. And apparently if you find the hidden immunity idol, you can't use it. Only someone on the other tribe that you give it to can use it.

And there are two guys with Tarzan complexes -- one likes to be called Tarzan while the other (Troy) likes to be called "Troyzan."
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Don't know about that, but the tribes well be single-sex -- one male and one female. And apparently if you find the hidden immunity idol, you can't use it. Only someone on the other tribe that you give it to can use it.

And there are two guys with Tarzan complexes -- one likes to be called Tarzan while the other (Troy) likes to be called "Troyzan."
You know, it's getting less and less strategic and more and more blind luck. There comes a point where there are SO many factors that planning for any of them.becomes an exercise in futility. I think the point has been reached.

The beauty of Survivor in its original form was that while the rules remained the same, the human factor produced a different kind of game and a different type of winner each time. As people adapted, the basic strategies changed, causing people to change up their game play again organically without the crazy twists and new elements.

This is not to say that I won't be glued to my TV Wednesdays at 8pm EST. I'm just fussing.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I'll be really curious about the challenges with male/female tribes. They will definitely have to rely on more puzzle challenges rather than brute strength in the beginning, which I think could make things very interesting for the male tribe. Traditionally you want to keep all the strong people, but if a lot of the challenges are mental or speed related rather than strength, we could see a lot of different people becoming dominant.
I'm not sure about this. I remember at least one challenge a few years ago that was pure brute strength and of the 3 or 4 the person who won was a woman.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Haven't they done male-female tribes before? I was thinking so. Anyway, I was hoping "One World" was referring to maybe just one tribe...I think that could be interesting.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaangel5 View Post

go, gader.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

CBS may need to use former contestants on a "Pros versus Pagentry" Season.

Use Ethan, Stephenie, Kelly Bruno, Grant Mattos, Crystal Cox on the Pro Athlete team. Use Gina (Marquesas), Jessie (Africa), Sash, Hunter, and other Miss America-USA-Teen/Mr Cosmo/Mr World/Collegiate Campus Court winners as pagentry team.

Monica from One World might qualify under both teams; perhaps on Day One (of Pros versus Pagentry) she'd be declared winner so we wouldn't have to sit thru another "former cast" season!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Haven't they done male-female tribes before? I was thinking so. Anyway, I was hoping "One World" was referring to maybe just one tribe...I think that could be interesting.
They are living in one camp.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Bumping as a reminder that One World begins tonight!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the reminder! I couldn't remember if it was this week or next and I was getting ready to look it up.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses and I have yet to find anyone to even remotely like. Just about all of them who had their face on camera for any length of time annoyed me.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses
I know what you mean. Despite their model/actress looks, I liked Chelsea (she's the one who called the women a 'big ball of badassness,' right?) and Kat (she's the one who said at TC that she's in charge of the fire, right?). Both of them seem relatively level-headed. Of course, it's the very beginning of the season, so my opinion is bound to change.

It's hard to say much about the men - I don't feel like we got many chances to get to know them. The foodie in me is already cheering for Jonas, though.

The list of the dislikeables is overwhelming. I wouldn't be able to stand spending any time at all with either Alicia or Matt. And holy cow @ Colton! Prior to last night's episode, I read somewhere that he is this season's Cochran. Whhhaaattt?!? Not at all! Cochran was unique; Colton is just... well, I can't even think of a good adjective for him right now. Pompous comes to mind, as does entitled, 'tries-too-hard,' and unaware of reality.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

What did you think of the guys making the girls forfeit the challenge?

On one hand, they were already kicking tail....but on the other, as Jeff pointed out, it was a long challenge with plenty of time for a comeback. Either way, the women lost a member, and probably the one they would have voted out, but Jeff is also correct in pointing out that it probably will not be forgotten by the women.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I can see why the guys did what they did. It's a game, after all, and the tribes are never persuaded to consider a gesture of 'good will' towards the other tribe - especially when immunity is at stake. Had the tribes not be split by gender, it would've been a non-issue.

I expected Jeff to say something along the lines of, 'Guys, since there are only 8 members left to compete on the women's tribe, if you want to finish the challenge, you can sit someone out.' Since there wasn't an offer to even the playing field, the guys were asked to go into an important challenge with a one player disadvantage. No brainer, IMO. I think they made the right call.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses and I have yet to find anyone to even remotely like. Just about all of them who had their face on camera for any length of time annoyed me.
I'll admit that I really liked Courtney. And Jay cracked me up.

Matt, though, is a major piece of work, as is Colton.

Quote:
What did you think of the guys making the girls forfeit the challenge?

On one hand, they were already kicking tail....but on the other, as Jeff pointed out, it was a long challenge with plenty of time for a comeback. Either way, the women lost a member, and probably the one they would have voted out, but Jeff is also correct in pointing out that it probably will not be forgotten by the women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I expected Jeff to say something along the lines of, 'Guys, since there are only 8 members left to compete on the women's tribe, if you want to finish the challenge, you can sit someone out.' Since there wasn't an offer to even the playing field, the guys were asked to go into an important challenge with a one player disadvantage. No brainer, IMO. I think they made the right call.
This. The guys were faced with choosing between a guarantee that they wouldn't go to TC and perceptions of chivalry. No brainer, indeed.

Sorry women, but welcome to Survivor, the game you signed up to play.