GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,828
3 members and 1,825 guests
Cookiez17, zjhnpetrovo7362

Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I caved and ordered the boxed set of the first four book from Amazon, it was only $20. I figure they will be good to take with me when I am traveling this summer.
Yay another addict!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I loved the finale. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Season 2 better get here quickly!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriana View Post
I loved the finale. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Season 2 better get here quickly!

Season 2 starts in spring 2012 & filming begins in Ireland in late July.

Can't wait!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

HBO you suck!

I don't want to wait almost a year for next season.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

If we have to wait another year for season 2, I hope they keep teasing the fans with mini trailers/production videos/cast interviews as they go along. They did a good job at creating hype for the first season, now I'm curious to see if they can not only keep that buzz going, but ramp it up even more.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm curious as to who they'll cast as Stannis Baratheon since he plays a bigger role in the next season.

SPOILER!!! Only highlight & read if you've read the books or if you don't care about spoilers.

The casting for Melisandre & Jaqn H'gar also interest me since she plays a large role in the next few books & him b/c of his influence with what eventually happens to Arya.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Just ordered the books as well!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigh.... looks like I'll be reading the books as well, I can't wait til April for more. I just finished watching the finale. Woweewowwow. My thoughts:

Does Cercei screw anything that isn't related to her? Yuck.
Is the young guy who left with "Ary" King Robert's bastard?
I hope Sansa grows a spine and I hope she's the one who kills Joffery (you know it's coming).
Danerys is my new idol. I want to be the mother to 3 dragons! I hope she ends up kicking everyone's ass. I wouldn't mind seeing her kill Cersei and the rest of the Lannisters.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Sigh.... looks like I'll be reading the books as well, I can't wait til April for more. I just finished watching the finale. Woweewowwow. My thoughts:

Does Cercei screw anything that isn't related to her? Yuck.
Is the young guy who left with "Ary" King Robert's bastard?
I hope Sansa grows a spine and I hope she's the one who kills Joffery (you know it's coming).
Danerys is my new idol. I want to be the mother to 3 dragons! I hope she ends up kicking everyone's ass. I wouldn't mind seeing her kill Cersei and the rest of the Lannisters.
No not really
Yes
She's got a ways to go / and yes he deserves it
I like Dany
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and one more thought/theory:

Jon SNow isn't Neds bastard at all, is he? Please tell me he's the son of the dead Stark sister (Neds sister, drawing a blank on the name), and Robert, and for whatever reason, Ned swore to her he'd raise Jon as his own?

That's all for tonight!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Oh, and one more thought/theory:

Jon SNow isn't Neds bastard at all, is he? Please tell me he's the son of the dead Stark sister (Neds sister, drawing a blank on the name), and Robert, and for whatever reason, Ned swore to her he'd raise Jon as his own?

That's all for tonight!
We still don't know for sure who Jon Snow's parents are. More details and possibly spoilers some may not want to know. Highlight it to read. There are many, many theories, though. One of the more popular theories is that he is the child of Lyanna (Ned's sister who was betrothed to King Robert) and Rhaegar Targaryen (the man who supposedly kidnapped and raped Lyanna, according to Robert). Another theory with a lot of evidence is that Jon is the child of Ned and Lady Ashara Dayne. You'll have to read the books to hear it explained more.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm with the first theory about his parentage. Can't wait for more on his story in the 5th book which I've already pre-ordered.

Some info about my theory & though not a spoiler per say, only highlight if you're interested.

This totally makes me happy if he would be the son of Ned's sister & Rhaegar. I believe he is older than Dany so that gives him a legitimate claim on the Iron Throne though he's a man of the Wall now but we'll see what happens. FYI, as Drolefille pointed out to me, not once in the books did Ned ever say Jon was his son. He always says something along the lines of "You are my blood" and stuff like that. Hmmm...

Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 06-25-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

My box set arrived today. Putting off opening it so that I can catch up on the household chores. Going on vacation next week, so I should get a chance to really read for long periods of time.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

There was a big OOPS by Amazon in Germany. They accidentally shipped some copies of A Dance With Dragons a few weeks early before they caught their mistake.

Websites are publishing spoilers as to what the books say but I'm avoiding those sites. I prefer to wait for my book another week.

In casting news, Natalie Dormer, star of The Tudors (played Anne Boleyn) has been cast as Margaery Tyrell.

I actually liked this casting. I know Margaery is supposed to be 16 years old but Natalie does look like my mental picture of what Margaery looked like in the book. Sooo looking forward to Season 2!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE Natalie Dormer. The Tudors is another one of my favorite TV shows, and her character (Anne Boleyn) was definitely my favorite on that show. She brings such passion and intensity to her acting. They couldn't have cast Margarey more perfectly! I heard that they have picked an actress to play Brienne, but haven't announced it yet. I'm curious to see what she looks like.

I'm eagerly awaiting ADWD. I pre-ordered it from Amazon, so it will arrive bright and early on the 12th. I got it for a good deal too. The original price was $35, but I got it for $18. For a hardcover of this size, that's a steal. I'm so excited to read though. Dany and Tyrion are two of my favorite characters, and I can't wait to read what happens to them next.