GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 572
0 members and 572 guests
No Members online

Old 12-09-2016, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

White roses are pretty, but Kappa Delta's first flower was a daisy. Alpha Chapter voted to change it between 1902 and 1904. I kind of wish we'd kept the daisy. Less fancy, but more cheerful than white roses.

http://kappadelta.org/a-quest-for-history/

Old 12-09-2016, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, the Marguerite Daisy is mentioned earlier in this thread. Daisies are OK, I guess, but I've never really been a fan. Daffodils and daylilys are more to my liking.

I had to bring the roses in last night because we got much colder here than normal, down into the 20s.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I read this thread yesterday and loved seeing the history and interesting facts! I have two Kappa Delta daughters, and the book Ordinary Miracles sounded just fabulous for a meaningful Christmas present. I contacted the Kappa Delta national office and was able to purchase copies for each of them. (They had a limited supply on hand.) I love the "history" books I have collected throughout the years on my NPC group, Alpha Phi, and am sure my daughters will treasure Ordinary Miracles!
Old 12-12-2016, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2hh View Post
I read this thread yesterday and loved seeing the history and interesting facts! I have two Kappa Delta daughters, and the book Ordinary Miracles sounded just fabulous for a meaningful Christmas present. I contacted the Kappa Delta national office and was able to purchase copies for each of them. (They had a limited supply on hand.) I love the "history" books I have collected throughout the years on my NPC group, Alpha Phi, and am sure my daughters will treasure Ordinary Miracles!
I have Ordinary Miracles; it is a very interesting book. I received it as a Christmas gift a few years ago and loved it. I'm sure they will enjoy it.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2hh View Post
I'm sure they will love them! I recently purchased a used copy and have enjoyed perusing it. Glad this thread inspired such a thoughtful and personal gift!!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I just found out that a fairly well-known writer in the 1930s-1950s, Worth Tuttle Hedden, was a Kappa Delta. Her NY Times obituary is here: https://www.nytimes.com/1985/09/21/a...le-hedden.html. I ordered an old paperback of one of her novels, The Other Room, so I can't wait for it to arrive not just to read it but to take in its vintage cover.

It's strange that she hasn't gotten much if any coverage from KD in my lifetime, but maybe her writing was too controversial for national.