GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,237
3 members and 2,234 guests
John, Low D Flat, zdaidjunioro429

Old 03-12-2003, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Awareness Table

Hi all, I just put the final touches on a Expo that I will be having in the Student Center for the Month of April. Feel free to use this for your own chapters. The first week of April will be dedicated to an Awareness of Registered Sex Offenders in the county where Marshall University is located. All information is being optained from the State Police. The Second week will be on Missing and Exploited Children from the State of West Virginia, Materials can be obtained from the Children Advocate Groups., the third week will be focusing on Domestic Violence, Material obtained freely from the Rape Crisis centers here in town. The fourth week will be a recap of all three weeks. I have talked Four different organizations into co-sponsoring these events which are all free except for the man power issue.. This is a great way to recruit young men and is also a great idea for community service... This is Four community Service Awareness projects that we can use for getting the word out that we are a Fraternity that cares about community issues. by the Way, the Secretary of State will be attending one of our expos as he will be in the same building meeting with those of us who are on the Student Government. If you all have any projects that I could use, let me know.. I want my chapter to be extremely busy recruiting, doing community service projects and having fun. Harrison
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2003, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Harrison,

My main peice of advice, is do not get over burdened. While it makes Great PR for you Zeta, the primary reason you guys are there is to get an education, learn how to run things in a positive manner, help the Zeta Grow and expand, and have a good time doing it under Risk Management Rules!! Dont do so much that you and the other Brothers flame out from the sky!

It sounds like you may have a whole lot on your plate so just be careful on the burn out! The more Brothers ther are the easier it will be on each of you. Mainly, in the words of Brother Rambo # 54 LX Z, " it is the old 80-20 rule. 20 % do the work and 80 % dont do squate.

In ZAX,

LX Z # 1
Alumni