GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,029
0 members and 1,029 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

This week seems to be a week for tragedy all around. I know that a relationship is so minute in the grand scheme of things, but ending things with The Chessman was a big blow for me since he was my first real relationship. It came right in the middle of huge turmoil at my job (I've been "officially" notified of my loss of fulltime status), rejection letters from schools, and loved ones gone missing in Japan. Even being not the most sensitive at times, he was a huge support and now he's yet another loss. I'm just not handling this past week very well, everything seems to be pouring down and it's hard to cope. Everyone around me is dealing with the same. My friend's 2yo godson just had a huge brain tumor removed, others have loved ones in Japan missing, my godsister and mother just lost their jobs, etc. Just pray that things improve all around because, though we'll all make it through, none of us are really sure how. We're just all holding onto each other and praying for the best.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 03-15-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sanjiyan69 Send a message via Skype™ to sanjiyan69
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
This week seems to be a week for tragedy all around. I know that a relationship is so minute in the grand scheme of things, but ending things with The Chessman was a big blow for me since he was my first real relationship. It came right in the middle of huge turmoil at my job (I've been "officially" notified of my loss of fulltime status), rejection letters from schools, and loved ones gone missing in Japan. Even being not the most sensitive at times, he was a huge support and now he's yet another loss. I'm just not handling this past week very well, everything seems to be pouring down and it's hard to cope. Everyone around me is dealing with the same. My friend's 2yo godson just had a huge brain tumor removed, others have loved ones in Japan missing, my godsister and mother just lost their jobs, etc. Just pray that things improve all around because, though we'll all make it through, none of us are really sure how. We're just all holding onto each other and praying for the best.
some positive thoughts going your way CG!!!

ΛΧΑ

My facebook
Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

So sorry, Christiangirl - praying for you. Psalm 20:1-5
May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;May He send you help from the sanctuary,And strengthen you out of Zion; May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice.May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose. We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a few prayers requests.

1. My neighbor's infant is having open heart surgery tomorrow. She's petrified for him.

2. A friend of mine had Islet Cell Transplant surgery (10 hours), along with removal of her appendix, pancreas and spleen last week. She is still recovering in the hospital and expected to go home sooner, but because she is on immunosuppressants so that her body doesn't reject the cells, she has sustained two different infections in the past week. She will likely stay a while more.

3. Me, personally. I hate asking, but I've been fighting lung infections - two different types of pneumonia at the same time - after having a random virus, and I've lost about 30% of my lung function. I'm on several antibiotics, but if they don't work completely, I will have to have IV antibiotics and be in the hospital, again, which would be the fourth time in 24 months. I need to find my strength and patience. And courage. Yep, I need a LOT of that!!

Thank you in advance. To everyone else who is asking, I will add you to my prayer list and send a message to someone who runs a prayer list at his church. Funny story, it's the dad and mom of one of my fellow AXiD alumnae association sisters who I met ONCE prior (she moved away). She asked her mom to pray for me, and her parents had their whole church praying. I never met them, but they were so supportive when I was sick in October.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjiyan69 View Post
some positive thoughts going your way CG!!!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
So sorry, Christiangirl - praying for you. Psalm 20:1-5
May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;May He send you help from the sanctuary,And strengthen you out of Zion; May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice.May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose. We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.
This is what I get for being on GC at work. I almost cried in the middle of my office. Thank you Belle, that meant a lot.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

CG, prayers coming your way. I understand how you're feeling, all the stuff piling up. I lost my grandfather last week and I'm also dealing with some crap with my former employer. I'm trying not to just sit and dwell on it all, but it's tough.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post

2. A friend of mine had Islet Cell Transplant surgery (10 hours), along with removal of her appendix, pancreas and spleen last week. She is still recovering in the hospital and expected to go home sooner, but because she is on immunosuppressants so that her body doesn't reject the cells, she has sustained two different infections in the past week. She will likely stay a while more.

I will, of course, pray for her, but one quick question: Is her Islet Cell Transplant to cure diabetes?

SWTXBelle: I like that immensely.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers today- the MRI went well, and I should know tomorrow what is up.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Thoughts and prayers to everyone

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
I will, of course, pray for her, but one quick question: Is her Islet Cell Transplant to cure diabetes?

SWTXBelle: I like that immensely.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers today- the MRI went well, and I should know tomorrow what is up.
Its purpose is two-fold. To remove a very diseased pancreas due to Cystic Fibrosis that is causing painful pancreatitis. Curing her CF-related diabetes is a bonus. (Many people with CF have diabetes due to a diseased pancreas).

Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd really appreciate some prayers, good thoughts, vibes, positive energy. I'm having some medical issues and could really use some positive energy. I'm feeling very scared and anxious all the time.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

positive energy, thoughts and prayers sent.

I am waiting to hear about a job, that I really want.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for all - I'm trying this Lent to be very intentional in my praying. So, for elicampbell, BetteDavisEyes, ree-Xi - Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."
Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks SWTXBelle.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
Thoughts and prayers to everyone
Ditto.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes....

I got my MRI results yesterday, and my hip isn't broken! Hooray! The doctor called me yesterday and told me that I was clear to run this weekend! I'm so relieved.