GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Lambda Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,585
4 members and 2,581 guests
indisigma00

Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Educated Conversation...

Greetings fellas,

my name is Cesar and I am a proud brother of Lambda Theta Phi, Fraternidad Latina Inc. I am not here to start any drama nor to represent my organization, I just wanted to start a dialogue pretaining to some of you organization's probate shows. It seems that it has become more and more prevalent that you guys have been disrespecting Lambda at your probate shows. Whether its a Florida, Wisconsin, California, is has been occuring frequently. What's up with all the public shit talking at public probate shows? Is that due to the fact that one of your founding brothers pledged to a fraternity that is accustomed to doing this kind of stuff at their probate shows? I just wanted to get your opinions because we do not create chants or salutes to publicly disrespect your organization. I understand that you might say "well, we heard people from your org say this or that," but we have never made a public nor teach our pledges to disrespect other organizations.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

If you don't dis them, then you're the better people.

Move on and let it go. This kind of dialog is never productive.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

What a great way to solve a problem between two national organizations! Call them out on a public message board! Brilliant.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar View Post
Greetings fellas,

my name is Cesar and I am a proud brother of Lambda Theta Phi, Fraternidad Latina Inc. I am not here to start any drama nor to represent my organization, I just wanted to start a dialogue pretaining to some of you organization's probate shows. It seems that it has become more and more prevalent that you guys have been disrespecting Lambda at your probate shows. Whether its a Florida, Wisconsin, California, is has been occuring frequently. What's up with all the public shit talking at public probate shows? Is that due to the fact that one of your founding brothers pledged to a fraternity that is accustomed to doing this kind of stuff at their probate shows? I just wanted to get your opinions because we do not create chants or salutes to publicly disrespect your organization. I understand that you might say "well, we heard people from your org say this or that," but we have never made a public nor teach our pledges to disrespect other organizations.
I've seen the dissing happen to all of us. It's not just done by SLB though. Just realize that these shows are for entertainment value, and should be taken as such. Unfortunately, some people take the friendly competition outside of probates/shows/salutes and that's what causes the problems. If it gets to this point, have a chat with their president to express your concern. Don't stoop to their level trying to make a point; that will undoubtedly cause more harm than good.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

What one chapter of SLB does should not in any way reflect on another chapter. Its not like its in our national bylaws to call other orgs out or anything, and to be honest, it shouldnt happen. It just isnt gentlemanly or helpful.

With probates as well, most of our Neos are hyped up and ready to talk shit. It shouldnt happen, but it does. lately there has been national discussion trying to promote more polite probates and the such, but nothing will ever be perfect.

As Shadow knight said, have a talk with the local president and try to keep things friendly.
Captain of Cerberus
Fall 06
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Chucho60 Send a message via Yahoo to Chucho60
HELLO GRAHAM!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM

I know that when I have problems I defintely like to call people out on TEH INTERWEBS.

Lakers Nation.