GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Alpha Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,395
0 members and 1,395 guests
No Members online

Old 12-15-2003, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to opaldragon
How does someone become a member?

Hello. Hope y'all don't mind a non-member imposing on the board, but I have a question. How does someone become a member of Phi Alpha Delta? I've checked out the national website and it seems that all you do is fill out an application and give it to the chapter you want to associate with. Somehow I don't think it's that easy. I know that it may seem a little premature to be interested in already, what with my still having a few years of undergrad studies to take care of and LSATs and the whole admittance to law school, but I think I would really enjoy being part of a law fraternity. So if anyone could enlighten me, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2004, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, sorry it took so long for someone to answer, I don't check this forum very often.
As long as there's a chapter at your school, it IS that easy. Phi Alpha Delta is an organization with open membership. There is no real "rush" process or "pledging" of any sort. It's much more of a professional organization than it is a greek organization. There is ritual involved, but it's not secretive at all (in fact, copies of it are on the website).
I'd definately recommend joining a chapter when you get to law school, it can really provide some valuable resources!
-Danielle
Justice, Watson Chapter
U of Pittsburgh School of Law
Old 01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

You can also join as an undergrad on some campuses. It can be helpful b/c the undergrad chapters usually do workshops which may help you figure out if you want to practice law, and waht sort of law you're interested in practicing.

Good Luck!
Old 03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
I agree. Although, a professional org, we still have socials such as Big/Little Socials to get to know the new members, as well as having various members of the law community come to chat with us about their field. I'm not sure if there is a chapter where you are but you are more than welcome to start one up. Contact me through e-mail and I'll see what I can find.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I know these posts are far apart, but for future reference My school has an undergrad chapter that seems would be useful in getting into a law school. Just wondering, does anyone know or (can you share) the dues for this organization. I'm not necessarily interested per se, but it's just interesting. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,

I am not a member of Phi Alpha Delta... but am familiar with their site etc and have met members of the org. I'd advise looking on their HQ website www.pad.org as it has lots of great info.

In reference to your questions...

The pre-law initiation fee is currently $70
This will also entitle you to a discount of $10 on the law school chapter initiation fee upon later joining that. The discount figure may or may not be varied.

There are not further national dues for pre-law chapters in the same way that some fraternities will charge semesterly or yearly dues. However, P.A.D. does have a Capital Campaign fund, proceeds of which go toward paying off financial commitments (mortgage etc) so that in the future more money can be invested towards members, programming etc. Many chapters donate to this.

In terms of chapter dues, some chapters do charge (semesterly) small amounts to members to enable the group to actually put on events, activities etc. This varies from chapter to chapter, anything from $10-50; the average being $20-30. Some are as low as $25-30 per year. However, not all chapters charge this and most that do likely have payment plans and other such arrangements. It's by far best to actually check with the individual chapter you become interested in regarding that.

I hope that helps.

- decadence
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

The prices have gone up since this was posted. They are available on the website. You can a lot of benefits from PAD. You can save money on LSAT courses for instance.