GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,227
0 members and 2,227 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2010, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight was the first night of parties, I really enjoyed them. It did suck though, when I was returning my roommate and another person she met kept asking "so how was the sorority thing?" in a really nasty tone. Jesus, I don't go "so how was your writer thing?" or tell her I think her idea of fun sucks ass. I only responded with "it was fine." I figured they weren't interested in hearing about it and I wasn't going to sit there and bash it when I enjoyed myself.

I met a lot of people tonight and I think a few of the others in my group will be great friends. We all had dinner tonight as a group. Not all of us agree on the groups and that's okay. Our leaders insisted that we not say anything negative about groups to the others, but we could come to them if we needed.
Tonight's rankings weren't all that difficult for me, but it's not as if I hated any groups.

Anyway, I guess I'm still just a little disappointed in my roommate's attitude about things. Sometimes I wish I could break out the duct tape, but I have a feeling that would be frowned upon.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parfait View Post
Tonight was the first night of parties, I really enjoyed them. It did suck though, when I was returning my roommate and another person she met kept asking "so how was the sorority thing?" in a really nasty tone.
You should have just went on and on and on about how awesome everything was and kept following her around to tell her about it.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

33, you're just mean. I like it, but still.

I think the best revenge you can get is to have a great time and find a great home.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You should have just went on and on and on about how awesome everything was and kept following her around to tell her about it.
LOL. I think I would have been more tempted to say "A lot more fun than listening to you do your middle school thing."
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

if roommate actually didn't care about sororities, she would feel no need to bash them or make you feel bad about thinking about joining a sorority. hang in there and DO NOT let her ruin your fun.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

It shows her imaturity, and honestly, some people never grow out of it. Be the bigger person and say, "I really enjoyed it, want to order a pizza?". Change the subject and keep her off guard.

ETA: I was fortunate. When I went through recruitment, even though my room mate did not go through until the next year, she was very supportive. Her mother was an Alpha Chi Omega and she must have asked her mom for advise. When I returned to our apartment after bid night, not only was the door decorated by my sisters but my room mate asked them what our chapter colors were. When I got home later, there was a card with two roses on the kitchen table from my roomie. I was so touched.

Last edited by Benzgirl; 09-11-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

She was cranky and hungover today, yikes.

I'm so nervous today! I was invited to my favorite groups but I'm still so nervous.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Parfait, you probably won't read this until after your parties. Don't be nervous, be joyful and shine, and you'll have a great time.

And don't let that roommate or anyone else put dark clouds over your happiness.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-11-2010, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

And if she does, don't be afraid to scratch your tush with her toothbrush
Old 09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Parfait, you probably won't read this until after your parties. Don't be nervous, be joyful and shine, and you'll have a great time.

And don't let that roommate or anyone else put dark clouds over your happiness.
Thank you. I have one more party today but it's an hour from now so we're all just chilling across chairs. Thankfully we all have time to eat.

It's been a lot of fun, but I'm paranoid about getting The Call. Some of the sisters seem nervous, too. I hope they like me as much as I like them.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
And if she does, don't be afraid to scratch your tush with her toothbrush
I was thinking of cleaning the bathrooms. of course, I'd never actually do that but it's a fun thought.
Sorry for the double post, I can't edit fromy phone.
Aha I found the edit. A little late though.

Last edited by Parfait; 09-11-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Eating is good ~ passing out at a party from lack of food not good. Take a deep breath, stand tall and shine! You will do fine. Can't wait to hear the final outcome.

Last edited by scrapinfificat; 09-12-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-11-2010, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapinfificat View Post
Eating is good ~ passing out at a party from lack of food not good. Take a deep breath, stand talk and shine! You will do fine. Can't wait to hear the final outcome.
It's only the second day, there are a few more days. I'm just super afraid that I'll get The Call. I really like most of the girls I've met. One girl withdrew today, she said wasn't invited back to her favorites. She was encouraged to stay but chose to leave. The butterflies are just fluttering in my stomach but I just keep telling myself there's no way for me to know until tomorrow and being nervous won't change the decision.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate hearing about girls leaving because they've been dropped from their "favorites." What do you have to lose by staying?
Best of luck Parfait!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Irish, I felt really bad for her. I don't know if that was a real excuse or a cover for something else, but our leader strongly encouraged her to stay. In the end, it's her choice and she decided to leave.

The last party was so much fun, I really enjoyed meeting girls. Inside I'm desperately hoping they liked me as much as I liked them.