GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,195
1 members and 2,194 guests
No Members online

Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Did you take a shot with Biden's F-bomb?
No, I missed it! OMGZ!!!!

I would take a fifth of vodka to the face if I had still had a good liver. Seriously, that's just. Oh wow.

It's a big f**king deal. hahaha.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Like AGDee, I lean towards being a Libertarian, but the minor parties have little or nothing to vote on in the primaries. So, after years of being a Democrat, when I moved to my legal address, I re-registered as a Republican. However, I rarely vote straight party, and do believe that the option to just vote straight party shouldn't have be on the ballot.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Uber liberal checking in: both socially and fiscally. I think government should have a robust safety net and quality-of-life programming, but do it in a fiscally responsible way.

And yes, I believe that in many cases, spending the money up front in preventative programs will avoid spending 10x the money to fix it later, in addition to it being the right thing to do.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was first voting in University, I leaned to the Red Tories (fiscally conservative, liberal policies). Gradually, as time passed, I became more Liberal, however, I do look at the Green Party. Part of the reason for this shift may be the impact of Dorothy Stowe upon my family. She was a founder of what became Greenpeace and knew my mother. She would ask my mother questions and Mom would bring her thoughts to Dorothy's questions home. I pondered them, too.

Of course, when I go to Cuba for a holiday, I will proudly wear my Che t-shirt! :-)
Old 09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpali View Post
I think [and I care], therefore I vote democratic..
I can't believe I'm just now looking at this thread....I guess I tend to ignore the stickies!

I'm a free thinker therefore I've never been affiliated with a political party nor do I ever see myself aligning with one. I think the straight ticket option should be taken off the ballots and people who vote straight ticket should be embarrassed that they do it.

I have moderate Social Liberal/Fiscal Conservative ideals. I don't care who you marry, what you eat, how many abortions you get ( other than late-term) or how many kids you have just don't expect me to pay (via taxes, welfare) for your lifestyle decisions.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
I can't believe I'm just now looking at this thread....I guess I tend to ignore the stickies!

I'm a free thinker therefore I've never been affiliated with a political party nor do I ever see myself aligning with one. I think the straight ticket option should be taken off the ballots and people who vote straight ticket should be embarrassed that they do it.
I don't think that is a fair statement. While I have voted for Republicans at times, if I know that every candidate I am voting for in that particular election is a Democrat (and I do research this stuff and know ahead of time whether this is true or not), I see no reason to take longer in the voting booth by voting for each individually when I can just bubble in one box instead. If someone does this without doing their research first, then I do agree with you. But if someone has done their research and knows lines will be long on election day, it is a real time saver to fill in one bubble instead of 6.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post

I have moderate Social Liberal/Fiscal Conservative ideals. I don't care who you marry, what you eat, how many abortions you get ( other than late-term) or how many kids you have just don't expect me to pay (via taxes, welfare) for your lifestyle decisions.
Some people affiliate with political parties because if they don't, they cannot vote in primaries. I believe this may depend on your state.

I've never voted straight ticket, but honestly, for some people it ends up being what they do anyway. No one is forcing anyone to do it. If you're so weak-minded that a button would make you do something you don't really believe in, that's your damn problem.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I don't think that is a fair statement. While I have voted for Republicans at times, if I know that every candidate I am voting for in that particular election is a Democrat (and I do research this stuff and know ahead of time whether this is true or not), I see no reason to take longer in the voting booth by voting for each individually when I can just bubble in one box instead. If someone does this without doing their research first, then I do agree with you. But if someone has done their research and knows lines will be long on election day, it is a real time saver to fill in one bubble instead of 6.
Dee, you know that I was talking about people who vote based on the D or the R behind the candidates name and not the candidate him/herself. People that vote for the party and not the candidates. Also, when compared to taking the time to research each candidates views and political opinions filling out each bubble isn't all that time consuming
Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't know there was a straight ticket option.

I'm thinking there really isn't in Ohio.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 PM

^^^I don't think there is. Unless I missed something. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I know there's one in TX. I've never used it, though.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there any real diff between parties?

I am a reg. Rebublican ( I try to vote for the best person), but
some of the platforms things are against my grain!
The Rebublica platform is a bit out of wack.

Why should the Govt. get into what a woman does with her body when it comes to having a baby? That is an individual situation for her only.

I feel that we are getting to many of our rights stepped on while the congress seems to make money off of our backs.

Congress is holding this country back, not one man in the White House.

We need a new PARTY to make a few of these long time wolves worried.

Congress does not want term limits, a cut in perks, PACs, and entitlements.

Why cut what the baby boomers who kept this country going be cut out/back of S S and Medicare, we paid for it. The Govt. barrowedfrom it(!), the money from us is in that arena. The Post Office is hurting, when times are good, there are raises given to Mgt. When a deficite, stamps are raised.

What else is wrong and what else is going to be cut back from those who need? One example is VETs!!! The VET has been screwed ever since WW II. Korean and V N war was umpopular as all have been since and they are lost. When does a change come when a fallen soldier is buried and the Flag is presented and now says for the grateful respects from the Sec. of Defense and not The President?

Sorry for the rant. The Politcals are scarying me.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis View Post
Is there any real diff between parties?

I am a reg. Rebublican ( I try to vote for the best person), but
some of the platforms things are against my grain!
The Rebublica platform is a bit out of wack.

Why should the Govt. get into what a woman does with her body when it comes to having a baby? That is an individual situation for her only.

I feel that we are getting to many of our rights stepped on while the congress seems to make money off of our backs.

Congress is holding this country back, not one man in the White House.

We need a new PARTY to make a few of these long time wolves worried.

Congress does not want term limits, a cut in perks, PACs, and entitlements.

Why cut what the baby boomers who kept this country going be cut out/back of S S and Medicare, we paid for it. The Govt. barrowedfrom it(!), the money from us is in that arena. The Post Office is hurting, when times are good, there are raises given to Mgt. When a deficite, stamps are raised.

What else is wrong and what else is going to be cut back from those who need? One example is VETs!!! The VET has been screwed ever since WW II. Korean and V N war was umpopular as all have been since and they are lost. When does a change come when a fallen soldier is buried and the Flag is presented and now says for the grateful respects from the Sec. of Defense and not The President?

Sorry for the rant. The Politcals are scarying me.

Your basic lack of proficiency with the English language makes it hard to take you seriously.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a 'Ron Paul' libertarian. Meaning fiscally super conservative and socially, traditional Conservative. Pro gay rights, anti abortion, anti illegal immigration, yadda yadda.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

It's really hard to just say "I'm a _____" and not jump down other people's throats. lol

Anyway, I'm super liberal, socially and fiscally.